Linn Forums
New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - Printable Version

+- Linn Forums (http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb)
+-- Forum: Info (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch (/showthread.php?tid=16316)

Pages: 1 2

New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - oliverh - 2012-04-03 09:48

Make music, movies, games, TV and radio sound incredible and connect all your sources together with Majik DSM.

http://news.linn.co.uk/news/2012/04/new-majik-dsm-with-hdmi-packs-a-powerful-punch.php

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - DoomHammer - 2012-04-03 12:26

(2012-04-03 09:48)oliverh Wrote:  Make music, movies, games, TV and radio sound incredible and connect all your sources together with Majik DSM.

http://news.linn.co.uk/news/2012/04/new-majik-dsm-with-hdmi-packs-a-powerful-punch.php

Any possibilities for a retro-fit?

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - oliverh - 2012-04-03 12:47

Sorry DoomHammer, AFAIK there's no way to upgrade existing units to the new spec.

Might be worth speaking to your retailer to see if they can offer some kind of deal though...

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - grimreaper46 - 2012-04-03 12:51

What I want to know is, are there any sonic improvements. Not interested in the extra inputs.

But have been "gazumped" by the Introduction of the Majik DSM (even though it is only a name change), I have now been "gazumped" again by the "New" DSM. Sad

If there are no sonic improvements I don't really mind. Rolleyes

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - DoomHammer - 2012-04-03 12:52

Any pictures of the new units?

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - Tadhg Giles - 2012-04-03 13:28

I got an MDSM over a wk ago and was pissed off when I heard a new one was coming out. I got on to my dealer and a big THUMBS UP to him. He is going to replace it for the new model, he is going to split the diff in price, ie he will pay half the diff between the cost of the old vs new one, and I will pay the other half.

Tadhg.

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - oliverh - 2012-04-03 13:34

(2012-04-03 12:51)grimreaper46 Wrote:  What I want to know is, are there any sonic improvements. Not interested in the extra inputs.

But have been "gazumped" by the Introduction of the Majik DSM (even though it is only a name change), I have now been "gazumped" again by the "New" DSM. Sad

If there are no sonic improvements I don't really mind. Rolleyes

AFAIK, no sonic improvements (unless you count the stuff that you can now connect via HDMI and make sound better).

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - oliverh - 2012-04-03 13:35

(2012-04-03 12:52)DoomHammer Wrote:  Any pictures of the new units?

Sorry, not yet.

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - oliverh - 2012-04-03 13:36

(2012-04-03 13:28)Tadhg Giles Wrote:  I got an MDSM over a wk ago and was pissed off when I heard a new one was coming out. I got on to my dealer and a big THUMBS UP to him. He is going to replace it for the new model, he is going to split the diff in price, ie he will pay half the diff between the cost of the old vs new one, and I will pay the other half.

Tadhg.

That's what they're there for - excellent service!
Glad you got what you were looking for Smile

RE: New Majik DSM with HDMI packs a powerful punch - linnrd - 2012-04-04 06:22

(2012-04-03 13:28)Tadhg Giles Wrote:  I got an MDSM over a wk ago and was pissed off when I heard a new one was coming out. I got on to my dealer and a big THUMBS UP to him. He is going to replace it for the new model, he is going to split the diff in price, ie he will pay half the diff between the cost of the old vs new one, and I will pay the other half.

Tadhg.
That is excellent service. May I be so bold as to suggest also mentioning the dealer by name in the appropriate thread? Good service deserves good PR, imho, and members might be interested in knowing more good dealers. Glad to hear you are all sorted, too.