Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-11-27, 23:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / How do I switch on my Majik DS 1?

How do I switch on my Majik DS 1?
2011-03-24, 10:10
How do I switch on my Majik DS 1?
I have had my Majik DS 1 system for a week and am enjoying getting to know it - mainly for internet Radio 3 so far. I am not really interested in technical stuff, beyond wanting to know how to operate it properly.

An unexpected problem this morning - I can't get the system to switch on. The power is connected and the power switch on the back is on, with a pale blue symbol flashing on and off, on the front control panel. But the on/off switch on the front panel does nothing; nor does the on/off switch on the remote control. Any suggestions, please? In plain English, if possible? Thanks. Something as basic as this does not seem to be covered by the online instruction manual, most of which is beyond my current comprehension.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-03-24, 10:26
RE: How do I switch on my Majik DS 1?
Thomas

When i reset my ds the blue 'dot' light flashes until it gets a 'lock on' to the network so i think your flashing symbol (not sure about Majik) may be a network thing?

Turn it off using the rear switch. Wait ten seconds or so and then turn back on with rear switch

See what that does

It should flash a bit then go solid to indicate its locked into the network

Hope this helps
2011-03-24, 10:26
Blinking dot means that there's problem with a router. DS cannot connect to the network. I would suggest restarting the router (off and on) and then powering Majik DS-I once more.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-03-24, 10:36
That was going to be my next suggestion if first reset didnt work

Hope it gets sorted
2011-03-24, 11:19
Thanks guys - much appreciated. I followed your suggestion and the amplifier (is that what it's called?) is now switched on. But the laptop which I use to control everything, now seems unable to recognise the amplifier (even though the laptop has a strong network connection itself). The Kinsky Desktop does not operate as normal; and when I go direct to the Radio 3 website, it only operates through the laptop speakers. I have rebooted the laptop, but no good. I have tried changing the source control on the front of the amplifier, but no good either. Any suggestions please?

And a more general question - does Linn have any operating instructions anywhere, that are written for people of reasonable intelligence but who are not technical experts?
2011-03-24, 11:25 (This post was last modified: 2011-03-24 11:50 by eamonnb.)
(2011-03-24 11:19)Thomas Ward Wrote:  Thanks guys - much appreciated. I followed your suggestion and the amplifier (is that what it's called?) is now switched on. But the laptop which I use to control everything, now seems unable to recognise the amplifier (even though the laptop has a strong network connection itself). The Kinsky Desktop does not operate as normal; and when I go direct to the Radio 3 website, it only operates through the laptop speakers. I have rebooted the laptop, but no good. I have tried changing the source control on the front of the amplifier, but no good either. Any suggestions please?

And a more general question - does Linn have any operating instructions anywhere, that are written for people of reasonable intelligence but who are not technical experts?

Hi Thomas

Sounds like you have network issues. Make sure your network is setup properly by following the instructions outlined here.

If you don't have a NAS follow the instructions outlined here instead.

eamonn

Majik DS-I - Akurate 2200 - Akurate 212, Sneaky Music DS - Komponent 104
2011-03-24, 11:27
Have you tried a total reset?

Switch DS off at back and unplug from network cable

Switch laptop off

Switch Network (router off at plug) unplug cable as well (power and network)

Wait a couple of minutes (make a cuppa)

Plug router back in and turn on

Wait until all lights flash and it is stable (could take a minute)

Plug network back into DS and turn DS power back on (flashes a bit then solid display) until stable

Turn computer/laptop back on and hopefully all is back?
2011-03-24, 12:09
Thomas,

Did it work?

Mark
2011-03-25, 10:27
(2011-03-24 11:19)Thomas Ward Wrote:  And a more general question - does Linn have any operating instructions anywhere, that are written for people of reasonable intelligence but who are not technical experts?

You might find the Majik DS-I Quickstart helpful here - http://www.linn.co.uk/files/49637f8a/Lin...kstart.pdf (other languages available on Majik DS-I product page)

If you can't see your Majik DS-I in Konfig (Step 2.2 in quickstart) then you should recheck your network setup as advised above.

Let us know how you get on,

oliverh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user