Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-22, 08:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Announcements v / Davaar DS Software officially released

Davaar DS Software officially released
2011-05-08, 16:09
RE: Davaar DS Software officially released
As can be found in other threads already, PP version 3.6.0 supports Davaar without any problems but you'd better remove the DS in PP as device and let it find it again then. Some people have also reported the need for complete reboot of iPxd device needed and then PP works flawlessly again with Davaar ...

Linn Klimax DS/1 - NuForce/NuPrime Ref 18 mono power amps - Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC (AssetNAS - Denon AH-D7100 - TEAC HA-501 - Vacuum State SilverFoil interconnect – Kimber Kable 8TC).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-05-08, 16:30
Thanks for your advise, Animal,
I did remove DS in PP and let it find it again. No success. Silly question: what is "iPxd"? I'm not so familiar with these expressions yet. Anyway I rebooted the IPad, also without success. Is there anything in the configuration of the DS which might to be done?
Find all posts by this user
2011-05-08, 18:55
Hi

i've just updated to Davaar and plugplayer didn't pick it up. I solved this by deleting plugplayer off the ipad and re installed from the app store(it remembers that you have bought it) everything ok now.

KDSM(Exakt) KCT(Dyn)+2xKlouts-Chakra aktiv cards/tunebox-Aktive Kabers- 2 x B&W DB1 subs -Naim Fraim-Naim Headline2/Teddycap mk3- GS1000i
2011-05-08, 19:14
Not sure if this is the right place, but new (Davaar) Kinsky Desktop seems to be mis-reporting track length on hi-res flacs. Eg Keith Jarrett Koln concert Part I is showing as 1:22:44 ! (Should be 26:02)

It plays the tracks though.

Sound-wise when I first installed I thought I heard a big difference in quality/clarity. This was a surprise because I thought it was a functionality-only upgrade.

Later I found the improvement less obvious, but overall my system is sounding too bright and I don't know if this is still a run-in issue. Nor do I know, now, whether it was this bright before the upgrade from Cara.

AK DS, KONTROL, POWER AMP with MAJIK 140s
2011-05-08, 19:15
(2011-05-08 16:30)Narrowfield Wrote:  Thanks for your advise, Animal,
I did remove DS in PP and let it find it again. No success. Silly question: what is "iPxd"? I'm not so familiar with these expressions yet. Anyway I rebooted the IPad, also without success. Is there anything in the configuration of the DS which might to be done?

Oops, sorry, all I meant was iPod iPad etc. so if you really turn iPad completely off and not only in standby and then power it up again then PP probably works okay again.

Linn Klimax DS/1 - NuForce/NuPrime Ref 18 mono power amps - Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC (AssetNAS - Denon AH-D7100 - TEAC HA-501 - Vacuum State SilverFoil interconnect – Kimber Kable 8TC).
2011-05-08, 19:54 (This post was last modified: 2011-05-08 20:07 by Kubular.)
(2011-05-08 19:14)ellingham Wrote:  Not sure if this is the right place, but new (Davaar) Kinsky Desktop seems to be mis-reporting track length on hi-res flacs. Eg Keith Jarrett Koln concert Part I is showing as 1:22:44 ! (Should be 26:02)

It plays the tracks though.

AK DS, KONTROL, POWER AMP with MAJIK 140s

I use a DSI and have this problem for as long as I can remember! Keep meaning to report it as a bug but never get around to it! Should probably get to it now...

Reported on trac.

MDS-I -> ADS/D -> KK/D -> A4200/D -> K110s
2011-05-08, 21:35
(2011-05-08 18:55)MarkPS Wrote:  Hi

i've just updated to Davaar and plugplayer didn't pick it up. I solved this by deleting plugplayer off the ipad and re installed from the app store(it remembers that you have bought it) everything ok now.

Hi

deleting and re-installing PP did the job for me as well. Everything's working fine now. Thanks for the hint.
2011-05-08, 22:38
Kubular/ellingham - your hi-res track length issue is possibly/probably related to you using an earlier Twonky release than the current 6.0.32 version - this was a bug in Twonky which is now corrected - rather than an issue with KDT.

Lounge - KDS/1, KK1(dyn),Exotik+DA(dyn), LP12-IttokII-Klyde-Lingo, Pana BD, Klimax 320(dyn), sekrit, Komponent 106, 3xLK140, LK100
Bedroom - Classik K + Quad 11L
2011-05-08, 23:02 (This post was last modified: 2011-05-08 23:05 by Briain.)
Hi

Yes, the times for high-res tunes were incorrect (on all control points) with previous versions of Twonky. As yellowelens4 correctly states, it's now totally fixed in Twonky 6.0.32.

PS I have a redelans4 Smile

Bri
2011-05-08, 23:51
Still using 6.0.30. Tongue

I feel embarrassed now!

Haha.

Oh, well. Will have a look into grabbing that update.

Thanks, guys!

MDS-I -> ADS/D -> KK/D -> A4200/D -> K110s