Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-30, 13:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Sondek LP12 v / linn keel help

linn keel help
2008-11-08, 21:17
RE: linn keel help
I can not believe the bare faced cheek of this. Why Linn put up with this on their site is beyond me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2008-11-08, 21:46
NaimLP12 Wrote:I can not believe the bare faced cheek of this. Why Linn put up with this on their site is beyond me.

... maybe Linn is extreme liberal and tolerant!

... and I'm with you it is barefaced and some somewhat stupid.

... I guess Linn is interested in things going arround their products and what the customer requires, therefore those threads stay alive?

cheers

Thorsten

LP 12 || Lingo || ITTOK || TROIKA ES || LINTO || Majik DS || ... (some olive stuff Rolleyes ) ... || ESPEK
2008-11-08, 22:24
What kind of people is this? Ask for drawings or a Keel to copy on Linn's own forum.....

I must say that Linn is incredible tolerant to accept this nonsense being expressed here.

-LP12/Keel/Radikal/Ekos SE/sKale/Benz LP
-LP12/Keel/Armageddon/Ekos 2/Benz Ruby 2
-Audio Research SP-11/Mark Levinson No. 27.5
-ProAc Response 3.8
2008-11-08, 22:30 (This post was last modified: 2008-11-08 22:32 by eye-fi.)
stan dan deliver Wrote:hi there,
i have a friend over right now who is a top metal engineer.
was talking with him about the keel.
i just showed him a photo of it and told him the price of it.he laughed lol

He who has the last laugh last longest.......

[Image: 1879641035.png]

Dream on...
[Image: Keelicon.jpg?t=1226179737]
2008-11-08, 22:34
John R Wrote:I make the Sole sub-chassis for older LP12's so I know how much effort goes into making something of worth. Linn have far higher overheads than I but even I did not blatantly copy their brainchild but designed a sub-chassis of my own. I will not be taking sales from Linn because my offering is low cost even though performance is very good. My aim is to keep as many LP12's out there as is possible: it is an icon after all

I'm very sorry, but I think your question and proposal is immoral.

John R

So, John, your aim is to keep as many LP12's out there as possible. What a noble thought. I guess you give the profit for another noble something as well, or.....?

-ProAc Response 3.8
2008-11-08, 22:47
stan dan deliver Wrote:hi there,
My name is Rudolph Hucker and I spam hifi forums.
kind regards stan

Hello stan,or should I call you Mr Hucker.
2008-11-08, 23:12
I can't believe some of you lot, the sheer cheek of using Linns own site to try and find help to steal their intellectual property almost beggars belief.

The Keel is to all intents and purposes a fairly simple piece of metal that can be copied fairly simply for anyone with the correct machining facilities, my own Brother in law is a precision engineer and if I got hold of a keel he could arrange for it to be copied for me however I would never even think of doing that for two reasons

1, It is ethically and morally wrong and as far as I am concerned is quite simply theft.
2, The part no matter how well it was made would never be the real thing, would you consider putting a set of home made brake pads on your Aston Martin?

When I read things like this it leaves a very bad taste

LP12, Akiva, Ekos SE, Keel, Khan, Radikal, Urika. CD12, Aktiv Komris, 4 x Chakra dynamic Klimax twins.
2008-11-08, 23:15
stan dan deliver Wrote:any tips for us then?

my friend actually makes parts for fighter jets and world rally cars..

Yes, stick to making parts for fighter jets and rally cars.

Or perhaps he could supply me a nice strut brace for my car at cost while he's at it? I'd really like that.

I'm sure his employers won't mind at all as these machines cost nothing to buy and must run on fresh air. Tongue

Fettling LP12s since 1980
Tel 01162 623754
Email - peter@cymbiosis.com
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
www.cymbiosis.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2008-11-08, 23:22
HBerg Wrote:So, John, your aim is to keep as many LP12's out there as possible. What a noble thought. I guess you give the profit for another noble something as well, or.....?

What a daft question! Of course I give all my profit away, I do it for nowt - just like Linn. What I don't do is post cheap shots at anyone for having a go at building their own business, with or without a noble thought.

Would you prefer it if I said all Linn products are crap and you'd all be better off with Mitchell, Notts Analogue, Rega etc.

My God, there's some prejudiced types on here. I won't bother posting here again, so enjoy yourselves folks - goodbye !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2008-11-08, 23:42
Bye, bye.............

-ProAc Response 3.8