Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-08-22, 08:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Recommended system

Recommended system
2011-06-27, 07:22
RE: Recommended system
Have you any idea what the 8 speaker pairs are? (I.E.) Who makes the speakers, how much did they cost?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-06-28, 04:38
(2011-06-27 00:49)katylied Wrote:  
(2011-06-26 04:38)Harmax Wrote:  I now have a majik ds going through the denon amp and it sounds great. I have an eight zone speaker selector so I can play the music in any room of the house. Would the sound be appreciably better my replacing the denon (90 watt per channel) with a majik I integrated amp?

You are using the Denon amp only for the 8 speakers pairs that goes through the speakers selector, right? If so, keep on using the Denon and save the money.

Cheers

Yes, the speakers are played through a speaker selector. Another amp powers speakers outdoors. The Denon works fine and without a significant improvement in sound with the Majik, it's probably worthy staying with the Denon as you suggest. I have nothing but good things to say about the Linn Ds products.
2011-06-30, 04:40
(2011-06-27 07:22)chimar Wrote:  Have you any idea what the 8 speaker pairs are? (I.E.) Who makes the speakers, how much did they cost?

The ceiling speakers are about $700 per pair. Should I keep the Denon or go with a Majik I amp?