Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-24, 22:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Have long before the new KDS/1 blow all the reviewers mind ?

Have long before the new KDS/1 blow all the reviewers mind ?
2011-06-16, 11:49
Cool Have long before the new KDS/1 blow all the reviewers mind ?
Smile

As the title says.

The first one was close to being the finest , now it sounds twice as good??

Il delighted hearing what the have to say aaout it now after both the implementation of Cara, dynamik PS , and now the new 50 % lower bit boards with god only knows hifi magic in there.
Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-06-16, 12:38 (This post was last modified: 2011-06-16 15:05 by Cremona.)
RE: Have long before the new KDS/1 blow all the reviewers mind ?
Ah here is one

.` At The Sound Gallery we believe that a Linn DS player is the perfect addition to any audio system, as they outperform any CD player on the market, at any cost!`
2011-06-16, 13:14
I've heard it at the factory and it is very good; I've even ordered the update for myself. Mind you, I don't yet know if it will prove to be the ultimate streaming device as I've not compared it side by side with my Sonos yet! Tongue Big Grin
2011-06-16, 20:20
Since my Renew deal went foul (due to burglary) at a time when I'd already sold my Majik DS, I'm listening to a Sonos ZP90 for the time being and that really does take some adjusting ... Sad

Regards, Louis.

Linn Klimax DS/1 - NuForce/NuPrime Ref 18 mono power amps - Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC (AssetNAS - Denon AH-D7100 - TEAC HA-501 - Vacuum State SilverFoil interconnect – Kimber Kable 8TC).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-06-16, 23:19 (This post was last modified: 2011-06-16 23:37 by Briain.)
Ouch, ouch, ouch! Yes, Sonos ZP80 really is pretty grim (though I've never heard the ZP90). If you happen know anyone with a spare Linn Numerik sitting about (and thus that you can borrow) it makes a massive difference to the Sonos (ZP80/Numerik is what I used pre-DS days and it's a hell of a lot better than using the Sonos's analogue output).

Bri