Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Songcast heralds new era for Linn multiroom

Songcast heralds new era for Linn multiroom
2011-06-23, 11:45
Songcast heralds new era for Linn multiroom
Official news item on Songcast and Linn DS Multiroom:

http://news.linn.co.uk/news/2011/06/song...tiroom.php

Most of you have been songcasting for a while now - what do you think?

[Poll] How are you using Songcast?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-06-23, 11:57
RE: Songcast heralds new era for Linn multiroom
Love it, has been a long time coming. Had a BBQ at the weekend, despite the weather, set-up a all day long playlist from my Majik DS-i in the study then sync'd to Kitchen, Lounge, conservatory, and everything was in perfect harmony, beautiful.

One thing I will say is the only thing missing now is a Linn Ds device dedicated to songcasting local inputs. A small box, no amplifier, just a couple analog inputs, a couple optical and coaxial so you can plug your sky box, blu-ray and other devices into the box and then any device can stream from the songcasting device independently, so the kitchen has the Sky sound, the M-bed has the Blu-ray sound etc. that way Linn truly becomes a multi-room system again like its predecessor Knekt.
Find all posts by this user
2011-06-23, 12:27
(2011-06-23 11:57)Diskreet Wrote:  One thing I will say is the only thing missing now is a Linn Ds device dedicated to songcasting local inputs. A small box, no amplifier, just a couple analog inputs, a couple optical and coaxial so you can plug your sky box, blu-ray and other devices into the box and then any device can stream from the songcasting device independently, so the kitchen has the Sky sound, the M-bed has the Blu-ray sound etc. that way Linn truly becomes a multi-room system again like its predecessor Knekt.

Yes please! This would be the thing to really make it big and useful.
2011-06-23, 16:49
+1 - I really was under the impression that the new(ish) Akurate Pre Amp (AK/1) was going to allow for this.
2011-06-30, 06:53
I love it too - finally been able to dump the Sonos for background listening - had to avoid turning it up and revealing its mediocre sound!
I do have a slight problem with using Songcast when an external source rather than playlist is used - it doesn't quite achieve synchrony in all the zones which can create some really irritating effects if their is a strong beat or other prominent rhythmic component to the music. I have experimented with the various inputs and it seems worst on Toslink. This has also occurred once or twice when using the internet radio.

Is this just me???

Regards

Peter-Marc

KDS4/350A; ADSE/AkurateExaktbox 6/6100/109 + ExaktboxSub/T/9i(x2); MDSM2/109; Sekrit(x5)/109; Sneaky
MacMini: MinimServer/Kazoo
TS-419P+:MinimServer/Assett