Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Woodsong Plinths

Woodsong Plinths
2017-09-30, 17:40
RE: Woodsong Plinths
(2017-09-30 15:30)Wenge1 Wrote:  
(2017-09-30 00:45)class a amps Wrote:  I was looking at the Wenge.
Wenge goes very well with the LP12 but then again, I would say that, wouldn't I ...... Big Grin
I am getting some extra money from a class action lawsuit of which I had no idea I was apart of. So I figured a new plinth for my TT was a good idea. Hopefully the money will come by the end of October. I've seen other plinths on other TT's but these by just the pictures are a real work of art. I'll talk to my dealer and hopefully get something going in November.Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-30, 17:48
As Adam and Steve both say, Wenge does the job perfectly. Although I too might be a little biased.
2017-09-30, 19:09
Wenge is my overall favorite, with some individual exceptions. Quite a few actually, but Wenge never fails to please me. It always delivers.
2017-09-30, 21:33
(2017-09-30 17:40)class a amps Wrote:  
(2017-09-30 15:30)Wenge1 Wrote:  
(2017-09-30 00:45)class a amps Wrote:  I was looking at the Wenge.
Wenge goes very well with the LP12 but then again, I would say that, wouldn't I ...... Big Grin
I am getting some extra money from a class action lawsuit of which I had no idea I was apart of. So I figured a new plinth for my TT was a good idea. Hopefully the money will come by the end of October. I've seen other plinths on other TT's but these by just the pictures are a real work of art. I'll talk to my dealer and hopefully get something going in November.Smile
All of CH's plinths are works of art and all deliver on the SQ front. There may be slight differences between woods but the most important point is that you fall in love with the way it looks. You are paying a premium $ for that extra time and craftsmanship that goes into all aspects of the plinths production and finishing.

You will be looking at the plinth for many years to come so make sure that your visual experience will be a one that is richly rewarding. I know mine is ........... Cool

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Tranquility, Karmen, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Linn Krystal

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's on Track Audio Stands
2017-09-30, 22:43
Well it's on my Bucket List. I'm sure it looks better in person than in pictures.
2017-10-01, 19:30
(2017-09-30 22:43)class a amps Wrote:  Well it's on my Bucket List. I'm sure it looks better in person than in pictures.
Ain't that the truth. Most of Chris's plinths look even better in the flesh so to speak ..... Cool

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Tranquility, Karmen, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Linn Krystal

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's on Track Audio Stands
2017-10-17, 08:39
(2017-10-01 19:30)Wenge1 Wrote:  
(2017-09-30 22:43)class a amps Wrote:  Well it's on my Bucket List. I'm sure it looks better in person than in pictures.
Ain't that the truth. Most of Chris's plinths look even better in the flesh so to speak ..... Cool

Absolutely and so true IMHO.

I'll post some pics of a really nice Wenge plinth soon. Probably Thursday. My client has recently brought it from an owner in New Zealand who has just decided to replace it with another of Chris' wonderful plinths!

KR

Peter

Fettling LP12s since 1980
Tel 0333 200 4475
Email - peter@cymbiosis.com
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
Facebook - www.facebook.com/Cymbiosisaudio/
www.cymbiosis.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user