Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Woodsong Plinths

Woodsong Plinths
2011-06-29, 12:57
RE: Woodsong Plinths
Thanks Cymbiosis. More nice pictures of plinths. One of my friends bought a new plinth and he says it made the music sound better. I'm learning news things every day.
Quote this message in a reply
2011-06-29, 16:02
(2011-06-29 12:57)Audio Rat Wrote:  Thanks Cymbiosis. More nice pictures of plinths. One of my friends bought a new plinth and he says it made the music sound better. I'm learning news things every day.

That would be my Chris Harban Movingui wood plinthCool. And it does sound better than the original Afromosia wood plinthWink.
Find all posts by this user
2011-06-29, 21:26
Congratulations, Chris, on taking the website live. It is indeed very attractive and informative. Even after working with your and your plinths for years I was not aware that you refurbished the Garrard and Thorens TD124 tables.

I do have one suggestion I wasn't able to make before as the section wasn't available on the beta version you gave me access to. On the Dynavector section it might be better if you could get permission to incorporate the pages into your own website rather than linking to theirs. Just linking can cause problems as when a page changes the link is often broken. I note that already the DRT XV-1S Mono link does not work.

Great photos (that Koa plinth is really stunning) and very good information. I especially like the About Wood section as that type of information is hard to find. Great job!

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-06-29, 22:22
WOW, Chris. Last time I looked at your site it merely had a few photos and some contact details. What a massive improvement. Some real grand artwork there (thanks to the talented Kuma) and a great slideshow of various Plinths.

Sadly, every time I look at another of your plinths I just get envious.
2011-06-29, 22:27 (This post was last modified: 2011-06-29 22:28 by eye-fi.)
Thomas Wrote:Fine-tuning LP12s for 33.3 years! Wink

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......... I wonder if you'll still be spinning in another 12 years? Smile (great quote!)
2011-06-29, 23:15
(2011-06-29 22:27)eye-fi Wrote:  
Thomas Wrote:Fine-tuning LP12s for 33.3 years! Wink

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......... I wonder if you'll still be spinning in another 12 years? Smile (great quote!)

Thanks. I certainly hope so although I doubt I'll make it to 78 (that would put me over 100!).

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-06-29, 23:42
Spinning records for myself in 12 years, very well might be, we will see. Spinning for the masses? Probably not. That stuff takes a toll on your hearing. Again, we will have to see..

Thank you for the insights Thomas. Checking for errors takes focus and time.

If anyone else notices broken links, problems, etc, or has any suggestions, Please PM me.

A blog will begin soon with information on available and upcoming plinths, as well as what is happening in the shop, other fun bits of info. More photos will be added to the gallery, and additional changes that you will just have to visit to see.
2011-06-30, 06:06
Great web-site. Well done Chris & Kuma.

Regards,

Andy
2011-06-30, 07:35
Gorgeous. I want one. Next upgrade.

Perth, Western Australia
2011-06-30, 14:56
(2011-06-30 07:35)wolster Wrote:  Gorgeous. I want one. Next upgrade.

They are beautiful looking, but I don't own a Linn turntable.