Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 11:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Woodsong Plinths

Woodsong Plinths
2011-06-30, 15:07
RE: Woodsong Plinths
I'm almost tempted to commission Chris to make a surround for my DS, they look so good! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-07-03, 04:17
Chris you are a true artist and the god of Linn plinths. Long may you reign. Holy cow your plinths are beautiful. Spiffy website too. You are the man!

LP12/Radikal/Keel/EkosSE/Mogami/Adikt/Harban Plinth/Lejonklou Slipsik 5.1 phono stage/Magnum Dynalab MD-106T/Audio Research LS26/VS60/ProAc D25's
2011-07-03, 09:58
Having the great fortune of seeing a number of Chris's plinths I am very taken with the quality of them but unfortunately, to date, I have not seen one that I would part with my hard earned for. They are all a bit "bling" for me, something that the LP12 is not. The only thing, IMO, that should be shouted about on an LP12 is its performance!

Am I alone here or is Chris missing a trick. Nice, simple and understated anybody...?
[Image: 4253725987_f312618647.jpg]

HM

Strathklyde Sondek [by Cymbiosis] Big Grin
Sennheiser HD800 cans
Everythin' else is from Salisbury baby Wink
2011-07-03, 10:16
I think my Bubunga one will look just right, different but not bling!

LP12/Maple/Cirkus/RubiKon/Radikal/Tranquility/Ittok LVII (unique)/ASAKA
JVC AX Z1010TN integrated amplifier (yes, really!)
SARAs-external crossovers and as new!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-07-03, 10:33 (This post was last modified: 2011-07-03 10:36 by Julian H.)
It goes without saying that I have seen a Bubinga plinth in the flesh because this photo was taken in my back garden! Still not my cuppa tea though, sorry.

[Image: p10805521.jpg]

Sennheiser HD800 cans
2011-07-03, 10:38 (This post was last modified: 2011-07-03 10:41 by Julian H.)
in fact, I prefer this...
[Image: DSC_5928.jpg]

and this..
[Image: 054.JPG]

Big Grin

Sennheiser HD800 cans
2011-07-03, 11:02 (This post was last modified: 2011-07-03 20:22 by charlie1.)
(2011-07-03 09:58)honeymonster Wrote:  Having the great fortune of seeing a number of Chris's plinths I am very taken with the quality of them but unfortunately, to date, I have not seen one that I would part with my hard earned for. They are all a bit "bling" for me, something that the LP12 is not. The only thing, IMO, that should be shouted about on an LP12 is its performance!

Am I alone here or is Chris missing a trick. Nice, simple and understated anybody...?

I'd never thought of them that way, but I see where you're coming from. I just love the natural wood finish, no matter what the pattern. Some are not for me, but I still think the wood looks wonderful.

Having said that, one of the finest plinths I've ever seen was a standard rosenut, on the forum a few months ago, as I recall. They rarely look that gorgeous though.
2011-07-03, 11:27
The best one I've seen was at Whittlebury in Cymbiosis room. I really wanted to change mine for that one but sensibility got the best of me as cost was a major factor.

I do prefer Chris's plinths because you get to choose what you buy rather than "given" what you buy. Most of Linn's plinths are very much understated, some do look rather nice but it is a gamble if you get one you really like.
2011-07-03, 12:11
(2011-07-03 11:27)eye-fi Wrote:  The best one I've seen was at Whittlebury in Cymbiosis room. I really wanted to change mine for that one but sensibility got the best of me as cost was a major factor.

I do prefer Chris's plinths because you get to choose what you buy rather than "given" what you buy. Most of Linn's plinths are very much understated, some do look rather nice but it is a gamble if you get one you really like.

You are right about understated, but sometimes they do come up with a nice one......

[Image: 35lc6rr.jpg]

I was lucky to pick this one from WYSAH......Colin saved it.
However I'm still tempted.......Wink

LP12SE, Ekos SE, Kandid /Klimax Radikal / Urika / KDS-mk4/K Kontrol - Mk2 / Klimax Solos-Mk2 / Akurate 242-Mk2
A/V System:- Sony S570 Blu-Ray, Onkyo TX-SR875, Linn Komponent Speakers.
Upstairs:- Nakamichi DR2, Exposure VII Dual, 2x VI, IV single, MS10s.
2011-07-03, 12:54
(2011-07-03 10:38)honeymonster Wrote:  in fact, I prefer this...
[Image: DSC_5928.jpg]

and this..
[Image: 054.JPG]

Big Grin

Boring, boring, boring. Sorry. Smile

Regards,

Andy