Ripping SACD to 24 bit FLAC with a PS3
2011-09-05, 18:43 (This post was last modified: 2011-09-05 18:46 by MattC.)
RE: Ripping SACD to 24 bit FLAC with a PS3
(2011-09-05 18:05)Manelus Wrote: You need a PS3 Firmware 3.55 or older (no way to roll back newer firmwares so far).
There seems to be a way of downgrading identified in this thread...
The specific extract...
"The process is roughly this:
1) Find and download the OtherOs 3.55 firmware. No compiling needed, just rename to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put on USB drive under PS3/UPDATE (PS3 folder, subfolder UPDATE, which you created on USB drive)
2) Find the PS3 keys and put them on the USB drive, no folder. There are like 100 entries.
3) Find sacd-ripper.pkg v 0.21 and put on USB drive, no folder.
4) Obtain correct PS3 and attach USB drive.
5) Follow instructions starting on line 30 here to install custom firmware http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/sou...unk/readme
6) Once done, then go to games section of PS3 and scroll up to “install pkg file” and click on sacd-ripper (which should be on your attached usb drive)
7) SACD-ripper will ask for keys, just say yes, and keys will be installed (its nothing more than that)"
...although i DOES rely on older hardware - but there are plenty of those around!
(2011-09-05 18:05)Manelus Wrote: I don't have a PS3, but I have converted to Flac (24/88.2 and 24/176.4) ISO files ripped by other people. Great sound
...agree - they are fantastic - FAR superior to rips derived from the phono output, or using the Oppo method...
Source: Klimax DS/1, Sneaky DS, Denon DVD-A1UD
Control: Klimax Kontrol/1, Denon AVP-A1HDA
Playback: Klimax Solo/1, Klimax 350P, Klimax 340A, Custom 2K 106C, Monitor Audio GXFX, Denon POA-A1HD
|Messages In This Thread|
RE: Ripping SACD to 24 bit FLAC with a PS3 - MattC - 2011-09-05 18:43
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)