Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-11-28, 01:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Announcements v / Welcome to the new Linn website

Welcome to the new Linn website
2011-10-10, 17:59
Welcome to the new Linn website
Hi everyone,

http://www.linn.co.uk

As you might have noticed, we've completed the first stage in updating the Linn website. There's plenty of new content for you to consume and hopefully you can see the potential of the changes we've made and the changes to come.

There may be one or two wobblies as different services are switched over and there may be some broken links for a couple of days but bear with us and feel free to post feedback or bugs in this thread - but please get the compliments out the way first Wink

Thanks,
oliverh

P.S. here's one little tip that you might enjoy:

To choose a different forum background:
Choose User CP | Edit Options and choose a Board Style
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-10-10, 18:08
RE: Welcome to the new Linn website
Ooh! Looks nice. Good work Oliver. Smile
Find all posts by this user
2011-10-10, 18:17
Interesting but nice change, and unexpected too! Might take a little time for transition...
2011-10-10, 18:21
Actually, on second thought...

How much testing did you guys do with touch screen devices like iPhones and iPads? It seems like a lot of the navigation is based on hovering at the top while menus drop down, which really doesn't work well on a touchscreen device! Sad

Will have to wait until I get home to check it out properly. I notice that there are some details of the ADSM and KDSM ("Launched November 2011" Smile) but I can't find details of the normal ADS and KDS for comparison at the moment while browsing on the iPhone.
2011-10-10, 18:22
Looks nice, but it's a bit complicated to find the product information. And the DSM players are not (yet?) listed there, just under "Our Systems".

LP12 (Klimax Radikal, Keel, Ekos SE, Akiva, Urika) - KDS/1 (QNAP TS-119, Netgear GS108, GISO isolator) - KK/1 - Klimax Solos - 2x Akurate 226 - Akurate 212
Keith Monks RCM II
2011-10-10, 18:24
(2011-10-10 18:21)rowlandhills Wrote:  Actually, on second thought...

How much testing did you guys do with touch screen devices like iPhones and iPads? It seems like a lot of the navigation is based on hovering at the top while menus drop down, which really doesn't work well on a touchscreen device! Sad

Will have to wait until I get home to check it out properly. I notice that there are some details of the ADSM and KDSM ("Launched November 2011" Smile) but I can't find details of the normal ADS and KDS for comparison at the moment while browsing on the iPhone.

Hello!

We have done quite a bit of work on the tablets and mobiles, and yes we are aware that there are a couple of remaining issues. We will be rolling out some fixes of the next few days.

Jim
2011-10-10, 18:33 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-10 18:35 by Cymbiosis.)
There's bound to be a few glitches for the first few days - But if everyone just let's you know what they are, then that's good for everyone. Smile

KR

Peter

P.S. The smilies don't work from the icons and I can't seem to post a link on IE or Chrome ATM, but I see Olly managed it!!

Fettling LP12s since 1980
Tel 01162 623754
Email - peter@cymbiosis.com
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
www.cymbiosis.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2011-10-10, 18:42
Oliver, how about an option for a plain background? Smile

(2011-10-10 17:59)oliverh Wrote:  Hi everyone,

P.S. here's one little tip that you might enjoy:

To choose a different forum background:
Choose User CP | Edit Options and choose a Board Style
2011-10-10, 19:08
Must say, I do love the new site, very fresh, easy to navigate, simple design, and looks plain gorgeous! Very nice!
2011-10-10, 19:41 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-10 19:50 by Briain.)
Well, the new main Linn site certainly looks very pretty, but it's not easy to get to the information you might be wanting. Personally, I think far too many modern web sites are all about superficial presentation and not so focussed on content (the major corporate ones are the worst; their marketing managers believe it's more important to show people than anything else). I'm certainly not saying that the Linn site falls anywhere into that category - and it certainly isn't bogged down with flash animations and the like - but from what I've seen, the lack of information could be a bit of an issue. For example, To me, the site now implies that the Klimax system is now the KDSM and 350A. Does that mean Linn have dropped the KDS, KK, 350A, 345, etc from the product portfolio? Maybe they have, but assuming not, where is the information about them? There are pictures of Sky boxes and Xbox's (or is it a PS3) all over the shop, but where is the KK or 345? Okay, I'm being super cheeky and OTT cause y'all know me, but my underlying point is still a valid one. Big Grin

Just a few thoughts to ponder.
Bri