Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-31, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Announcements v / Welcome to the new Linn website

Welcome to the new Linn website
2011-10-10, 19:47
RE: Welcome to the new Linn website
(2011-10-10 19:41)Briain Wrote:  Does that mean Linn have dropped the KDS, KK, 350A, 345, etc from the product portfolio? Maybe they have, but assuming not, where is the information about them?

Buying Linn -> Product Information. All the "old" stuff is there Smile

Oddly enough none of the new stuff is... Big Grin

LP12 (1988 Fluted Afromosia) | Ekos SE | ESC Arkiv-B | Lingo | Linto
SneakyDS | ReadyNAS Duo | Twonky 6.0.34 | Kinksy
Renew KK | 5125s | Keltik + Klimax Aktiv Crossovers (main)
5103 | 5125s | Centrik Mk 1 | Tukan (Aktiv surround)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-10-10, 19:52
Hrrmm - interesting!

Rega RP6/Exact, Devialet 200, Raidho C-1.1 speakers, fancy cables and strange wooden grounding boxes.
2011-10-10, 19:53 (This post was last modified: 2014-02-25 11:32 by linnrd.)
⠃⠽⠑ ⠈⠇⠇

Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff
2011-10-10, 19:53 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-10 19:56 by Briain.)
(2011-10-10 19:47)Keltik Klown Wrote:  Buying Linn -> Product Information. All the "old" stuff is there Smile

Oddly enough none of the new stuff is... Big Grin
Aha, well there could be an issue here! I tried that and saw a drop down menu for a few milliseconds (literally that briefly), then it vanished. It looks like the new Linn site does not work on an iPad browser (maybe flash has been used) so that might merit some further investigation.

Bri Smile
2011-10-10, 19:57
There are now two threads for the same subject. Can somebody merge them which is what would happen on other forums I use.

First impressions are not good probably because I am using an iPad and my connection is only 1 mb.

Main: Exakt Klimax 350, Oppo 105.

Second: Majik DSi connected to 109's in the kitchen, and Akurate 212's in the office, both driven by Tundra Stereo 1.2.
2011-10-10, 19:57
(2011-10-10 19:53)Briain Wrote:  Aha, well there could be an issue here! I tried that and saw a drop down menu for a few milliseconds (literally that briefly), then it vanished. It looks like the new Linn site does not work on an iPad browser (maybe flash has been used) so that might merit some further investigation.

Bri Smile

Nope, no flash here!

We are aware that there are a couple of remaining issues on tablets. We will be rolling out some fixes of the next few days, together with a stack of other features.

Jim
2011-10-10, 19:58
(2011-10-10 19:41)Briain Wrote:  Well, the new main Linn site certainly looks very pretty, but it's not easy to get to the information you might be wanting. Personally, I think far too many modern web sites are all about superficial presentation and not so focussed on content (the major corporate ones are the worst; their marketing managers believe it's more important to show people than anything else). I'm certainly not saying that the Linn site falls anywhere into that category - and it certainly isn't bogged down with flash animations and the like - but from what I've seen, the lack of information could be a bit of an issue. For example, To me, the site now implies that the Klimax system is now the KDSM and 350A. Does that mean Linn have dropped the KDS, KK, 350A, 345, etc from the product portfolio? Maybe they have, but assuming not, where is the information about them? There are pictures of Sky boxes and Xbox's (or is it a PS3) all over the shop, but where is the KK or 345? Okay, I'm being super cheeky and OTT cause y'all know me, but my underlying point is still a valid one. Big Grin

Just a few thoughts to ponder.
Bri

Click on "Buying Linn"->"Product Information" or follow this link:

http://www.linn.co.uk/buying/products

You'll find the droids you're looking for there.
2011-10-10, 19:59
(2011-10-10 19:53)linnrd Wrote:  
(2011-10-10 19:41)Briain Wrote:  Well, it certainly looks very pretty, but it's not easy to get to the information you might be wanting. Personally, I think too many modern web sites are all about superficial presentation and not so focussed on content. I'm not saying that the Linn site falls into that category - it isn't bogged down with flash animations and the like - but from what I've seen, the lack of information could be an issue. To me, the site now implies that the Klimax system is now the KDSM and 350A. Does that mean Linn have dropped the KDS, KK, 350A, 345, etc from the product portfolio? Maybe they have, but assuming not, where is the information about them?

Just a thought
Bri Smile
+1 on the look. I expect the rest of the issues on the main site to be down to teething problems. But there are a few things that appear to be a step back on the forum site. We appear to have lost:

the "+" option to reply to multiple posts in a thread.
some screen real estate since the forum window is now not taking up the whole browser window.
an uncluttered background (that mda pines for).

On the other hand, we appear to have gained an excuse:
to show how set we are in our ways.
for long weekend morning crankiness. (Hon, they changed the forum layout. Can you BELIEVE IT!! They messed with the forum layout! AUUUUGH!)

Don't fret! We will be restoring these features. Plus adding some forum themes/skins for the cranky among us!

Jim
2011-10-10, 19:59
(2011-10-10 19:53)linnrd Wrote:  .... But there are a few things that appear to be a step back on the forum site. We appear to have lost:

the "+" option to reply to multiple posts in a thread.
some screen real estate since the forum window is now not taking up the whole browser window.
an uncluttered background (that mda pines for).

Err, not to mention all of the format options as well as the insert hyperlink and picture utilities when editing posts. Maybe that's another Safari issue; I'll check later on a real computer.

Bri Smile
2011-10-10, 20:00
Nice, modern style! I like it!

Ralf

LP12-Ekos-Akiva-Lingo-Uphorik-Keel-Devialet-KDS-B&W