Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 13:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / The New Linn website

The New Linn website
2011-10-10, 23:05
RE: The New Linn website
Hi,

Well first impressions of the forum are it looks cheap and grey, in fact pretty plain for a company that is at the forefront of HiFi. It is not inspiring to anyone looking to be impressed by the market leader, it looks lifeless.

The rest of the site looks more like something from a furniture warehouse website.

Sorry, but this is one person that thinks this is a big step back.

John

(Main Room - Lejonklou Kikkin 2.2 - Majik DS - 2250D - Akurate 212's - Quad PA-One - Sennheiser HD800s ) ( TV Room - Auralic Aries Mini - Naim Headline - Beyerdynamics DT880's ) ( Tidal - ReadyNas Duo - Kazoo ) ( Linn mains cables, Kimber 8TC speaker cable, Mogami interconnects ) ( LP12-Ittok-Karma -retired!! )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-10-10, 23:47
404 when trying to download KONFIG - WINDOWS software. Not sure what konfig does but got the new rds working with KINSKY. I'm sure the new website will be working 100% shortly though.

RDS > silver IC > Kisto > silver IC > akurate 2200/D > 2 K400 > akurate 212s (quadwired) & c5100 for surround sound + oppo 105.
2011-10-11, 00:23
I think the website is superb, I have zero technical knowledge but it's exceptionally clean and contemporary. I think it's a great look and feel. Just my opinion. Very cool branding.
2011-10-11, 00:44 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-11 00:45 by klimaxer.)
Cool branding - in fact maybe a little too much branding - but very difficult to navigate. Sections seem a bit messed up and products not easy to find.

Not sure about some of the images - blokes in showers and the like ....

Not sure I want to see a fellah on his rug every time I post here either!

And what's happened to the 'quick edit' ??
2011-10-11, 00:56
lol, the guy laying on the rug is a laugh...

Id much prefer see an image of the inside of a Klimax product...

Linn Klimax DS/1 | Linn Klimax Kontrol/1/D | Klimax Solos/D | JM Lab Electra 927 BE /w Crossover Mod | Linn Silvers | REL B3 | Custom DSP

QNAP 509 Pro | 5 x 1TB RAID5 | Twonky
2011-10-11, 01:28 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-11 01:29 by Warren.)
My first impression of the site was just clicking View New Posts.

My initial reaction to the high quality picture of a man lying on the carpet was it was a good high quality picture. Though the content seemed unusual (I didn't notice the LP inner sleeve).

My next thought was "hang on, I was trying to load the linn forum".

Then the rest of the page loaded and I came to realise the forum had changed, and looks excellent.

I like the website as well. Very fresh, engaging, thought provoking and original.

I think the website confuses between DS and DSM and doesn't make the difference clear yet.

It is possible to find the DS products - http://www.linn.co.uk/buying/products/linn-ds

However most of the site points at the DSM range - http://www.linn.co.uk/buying/klimax

Also some links take me to the same page (most of the links at the bottom of http://www.linn.co.uk/systems/ds ).

Cymbiosis Klimax LP12 SE - Karmen Kandid, Radikal/1M KDS/1 KK/1 Solos/1 K200 242/1
Kisto, AV 2250/d, Komponent 104
2011-10-11, 09:16
I don't use the website very often so i can't really comment on it's changes, but i do use the forum a lot, in fact i am a huge fan of the forum but i have to say i don't particularly like the new design, it reminds me of a cross between an Ikea catalogue picture and an old myspace profile, having a picture that you can only see the edges of feels quite distracting to me, by it's nature it feels incomplete.
2011-10-11, 09:29
(2011-10-11 09:16)stairpost Wrote:  I don't use the website very often so i can't really comment on it's changes, but i do use the forum a lot, in fact i am a huge fan of the forum but i have to say i don't particularly like the new design, it reminds me of a cross between an Ikea catalogue picture and an old myspace profile, having a picture that you can only see the edges of feels quite distracting to me, by it's nature it feels incomplete.

+1
2011-10-11, 12:45
Personally I did think the site needed an overhaul, as it was starting to look quite old and showing it's age.

I actually quite like it, and I'm sure in double quick time most will get used to it, and adapt.

Hopefully questions are being asked at Headquarters about the 404 and other errors, and why they weren't picked up during testing.

Akurate ADSM/2, 4200, 212
2011-10-11, 13:02 (This post was last modified: 2011-10-11 13:03 by klimaxer.)
There are so many links that don't work now - yahoo search results no longer click through as all the pages have been renamed!

eg how are you meant to follow links in a doc like this? http://small.linncdn.com/product-catalog...kstart.pdf