Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-04-17, 16:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Forum and Web v / The New Linn website

The New Linn website
2012-03-07, 21:53
RE: The New Linn website
Deleted
Quote this message in a reply
2012-03-07, 22:35 (This post was last modified: 2012-03-07 22:51 by Briain.)
It'd almost be quite humorous if someone hacked the Linn web server and added a double-sized Naim Audio tab right in the middle. Sorry; I do have a bit of a 'far side' sense of humour! Tongue Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
2012-03-08, 10:14
(2012-03-07 21:53)Debs Wrote:  While the newer Forum format is prettier than previously, what I really don't like are the tabs at the top of the page designed to take you various other pages on the Linn site. Having them take precedence, highlight their links, and grey out the Forum page, whenever one inadvertently allows one's cursor to impinge upon them is annoying in the extreme!

[John Cleese Voice] "It makes me mad! [/John Cleese Voice]

'on-hover' dropdowns are the work of the devil. Most sites have them, and most site designers ARE WRONG.

'on-click' dropdowns please. Give the user the options and and allow him/her to make the decision

Other forums are available:- http://hifikabin.me.uk
2012-05-01, 19:22
Every link on the website is giving me a 404 error. The forum seems to be error free

2012-05-01, 19:35
(2012-05-01 19:22)Mr Onion Wrote:  Every link on the website is giving me a 404 error. The forum seems to be error free

Yes - I'm getting the same.

Mick

Source 1:- LP12-Radikal-Keel-Ekos II-Akiva-Urika
Source 2:- KDS/1-iPad Air-Kinsky-Asset
System:- KK/1/D-KCT/D-Espeks
2012-05-02, 08:24
(2012-05-01 19:35)mickc Wrote:  
(2012-05-01 19:22)Mr Onion Wrote:  Every link on the website is giving me a 404 error. The forum seems to be error free

Yes - I'm getting the same.

Mick

OK at my end.
2012-05-02, 09:31
Yep, all's ok here too now...

Mick

Source 1:- LP12-Radikal-Keel-Ekos II-Akiva-Urika
Source 2:- KDS/1-iPad Air-Kinsky-Asset
System:- KK/1/D-KCT/D-Espeks
2012-05-02, 10:07
(2012-05-02 09:31)mickc Wrote:  Yep, all's ok here too now...

Mick

... and here. The hamsters must have been hungry

2012-05-06, 20:07
Are 'you' aware of a glitch that occasionally shows in 'What are you listening to right now'?

Example

[Image: Capture.jpg]

shows on the 'music' forum, but the last post visible in the topic is

[Image: Capture2.jpg]

It seems to happen at random intervals. Maybe a server clock issue? *scratches head*

2012-05-29, 18:54
(2011-11-11 06:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote:  I can't find manuals for older products any more Sad
And
(2011-11-25 03:47)Eldarboy Wrote:  The archive of manuals, photos and information is an extremely important feature, for Linn equipment, for the most part, has a long shelf-life and pieces regularly are sold and resold several times over (see how many people on the forums upgrade via new and used). This reselling often happens without manuals. Many Linn-ites start the game with older, used equipment, and then, as they have more income, begin to purchase new. It would be nice to have access to the older, timeless equipment: it is not like we are asking for you to keep a statistics and features page on an old Victrola from 1922, or something like that.

Has this been fixed? I have to emphasize how important it is for buyers of older equipment to have access to the manuals. The consumer must feel that there is support from the manufacturer, at all times. You now that the equipment you buy will be replaced in the future, if there is no support, not even manuals, many customers will take their money elsewhere. It makes it very hard to convince anyone to take a step into the world of Linn. If this indeed has been fixed, it needs to be fixed again, because I cant find them! Sad

(2011-11-25 10:39)grahamd Wrote:  
(2011-11-25 03:47)Eldarboy Wrote:  while fewer actually blast their music while they are in the shower!

That image, as explained above, is about singing in the shower, not listening in the shower.

Graham

I always have my Linn system on in the shower (mostly DS, sometimes the tuner or the LP12), preferably at high levels. It makes it so much more fun to take a shower! Knekt multiroom with a waterproof RCU is the answer! Big Grin