Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-19, 20:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Live Music / My Most Recent Concert

My Most Recent Concert
2017-11-14, 15:53
RE: My Most Recent Concert
The War on Drugs
Manchester Apollo......

What can I say, they were ace !
Sound was superb, lighting was fantastic Cool ( less is more )

Not a great band to watch on stage, quite remote, but nevertheless great musicians doing their stuff to songs that have real conviction and depth

Loved it Smile

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-14, 16:42
(2017-11-14 15:53)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  The War on Drugs
Manchester Apollo......

Not a great band to watch on stage, quite remote, but nevertheless great musicians doing their stuff to songs that have real conviction and depth

Loved it Smile

I believe support was from the Barr Brothers, hope you caught them. Dan Steel and I saw them supporting Calexico at the Phil in Liverpool some time back, excellent band. Their new album is really good, worth trying.

I watch the waves roll in and roll out just the same
2017-11-14, 17:02
(2017-11-14 16:42)Scooter Wrote:  
(2017-11-14 15:53)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  The War on Drugs
Manchester Apollo......

Loved it Smile

I believe support was from the Barr Brothers, hope you caught them. Dan Steel and I saw them supporting Calexico at the Phil in Liverpool some time back, excellent band. Their new album is really good, worth trying.

Hi Scooter,
It’s a long story but no completely missed them, I didn’t leave the Wirral till 7.15 as we knew TWOD where on at 9.00.....
I couldn’t complain as I was being driven there and back by a mate Wink

Looking forward now to Robert Plant back at the Olympia Cool

Cheers
Rock.

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8
2017-11-15, 10:23
What a great day me and Scooter had yesterday watching Little Steven in Liverpool. First we were luck to see him do a free gig at the Cavern doing Beatles songs and later at the O2. Here are my and Scooters review of the Cavern gig.
[Image: file.php?id=2603]

[Image: DOlw73jXUAACJVN?format=jpg]

[Image: STEVEN-CAVERN-336x249.png?resize=336%2C2...;amp;ssl=1]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSVs5ArlOk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG92_u2sEY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xuHh2vX_dtU

Scooter
Jim and I have just had the starter after managing to get in to see Little Steven and his band play a free lunch time show at the cavern. “The cavern and Liverpool are like Mecca to rock”. Thankfully Jim has got there before me but we were still hesitant whether we would get in as the queue was right down Matthew Street. It was a tribute to the Beatles Playing the Beatles for around 30 to 40 minutes. It went so fast, he said so himself. The band were more than capable, with a horn section and backing vocals. Really looking forward to tonight which he describes as a rock and soul show.
Dan Steel
Keith,
Abosolutely buzzing and I can’t wait for tonights gig. After we left I walked back and everyone was taking photos of the large poster outside the Cavern. I walked up to the doorman and I asked him if i could have it and he obliged. I was offered all kinds for It I have taken a photo but it’s too big to put on here. I got talking to a guy and his wife who flew from New York they seen him last week in London and said he was superb. What a tribute to the Beatles I can’t believe we were there. Roll on tonight.

[Image: file.php?id=2604]

What a fantastic performance at the O2, a packed out audience was highly entertained by Little Steven. Accompanied by a 15 piece backing band, which included a 6 piece horn section and 3 backing singers, Steven let rip with a fabulous selection of songs from all his albums plus songs he had written for Southside Johnny and Gary US Bond. The playing was first class and songs varied from rock, blues, soul, reggae and R&B. We were treated to two hours of non stop pure power music which was a honour to listen too. Scooter and I had high grins afterwards as we talked about one of the best days we have had music wise and being privileged to seeing both Stevens gigs.
If he is playing anywhere near you get your arses down there and you will be in for a treat.

I have never met Napoleon
But I plan to find the time