Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-03-19, 11:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Live Music / My Most Recent Concert

My Most Recent Concert
2018-02-02, 11:31 (This post was last modified: 2018-02-02 12:25 by dan steel.)
RE: My Most Recent Concert
[Image: DOCI57nW4AEhM1Q.jpg]

Me and Scooter had the privilege to see Nadine perform at the Leaf in Liverpool last night.
The gig kicked off with Phoebe Green and her band.
[Image: 0011897422_10.jpg]

She hails from Manchester and performed a nice opening set, churning out soul alt-filled pop. She’s only nineteen but shows plenty of promise.
Nadine Shah’s performance was excellent backed by a great five piece backing band consisting of drums, bass, 2 guitars and saxophone. The bass player had a resemblance to the famous Leland Sklar.
Nadine performed songs from her new album and several from her other two albums. It’s hard to categorise her but mix PJ Harvey with Siouxsie Sioux and blend with a touch of Tom Waits and your getting there. Fabulous singing and playing kept a full audience happy. She had a great rapport with the crowd and very often used the “ F” word. All in all a great nights entertainment Keith did well to make it as he’s been struck by the dreaded bug thats knocked him back but the talk and his knowledge of music made it a fine evening.
Future gigs
Courtney Marie Andrews
Nils Lofgren
Roger Waters
Plus any in between.

Whoopa, hey mesa, hooba huffa, hey meshy goosh goosh.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-25, 15:26
RE: My Most Recent Concert
Not a concert as such, but I recently wandered into a local cathedral at the end of a service and was struck by the sound of the organ playing its closing voluntary(Bach I guessed). I was standing perhaps 30 feet or so from the pipes and the low pedal notes just went through me physically with their subtle changes of harmony with a clarity in the upper registers that (and I'm no fan of church organ music) I found profoundly moving in a literal way that no audio system (whether Exakted or not) could achieve-or has done to date.
I wanted to applaud as it had shaken me to the core and was only disappointed that it had ended so soon!

Fidelity UA4 alumnus. Exakt skeptik.
2018-03-15, 20:58
Big Grin RE: My Most Recent Concert
Feeder in Birmingham O2 arena,ten years since i last saw them and they still rock Smile