Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Live Music / My Forthcoming Concert

My Forthcoming Concert
2012-06-06, 22:11
RE: My Forthcoming Concert
Just popped over from the West coast of Scotland to Dublin. Had a lovely day on the open top bus tour and whiskey tasting at Jamesons. Sorry Ireland, but nothing beats the diversity and complexity of Scotch whisky.
Tomorrow night's why we're here - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Don't Do Me Like That!! Haud me back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-06-06, 23:01
(2012-06-06 22:11)Kolossus Wrote:  Just popped over from the West coast of Scotland to Dublin. Had a lovely day on the open top bus tour and whiskey tasting at Jamesons. Sorry Ireland, but nothing beats the diversity and complexity of Scotch whisky.
Tomorrow night's why we're here - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Don't Do Me Like That!! Haud me back.

Wouldn't know anything about whiskeySmile except that it gets you drunk. Pity you didn't have more time and you could have come for a visit, I will be at elton in Belfast. The O2 Dublin is very expensive, eltons concert starts at £37 and toms at €65, but I suppose us fans will pay what we feel like, hope you enjoy the concert, it's a truly great venue with a great sound.

Avalon

Akurate Exakt DSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10, two Akurate 4200 power amps, klimax chakra twin(Dk), Akubarik High Gloss Rosewood speakers,nordost Tyr, ipad 2 & KazooServer Minimserver and Asset server running on a Qnap 251, backed up to remote Qnap 231. Sonos for multiroom. SPACED OUT
2012-06-07, 14:21
Kelly Clarkson in March
possibly Eddie Vedder in April if we can get down to Austin
Red Hot Chili Peppers in May
Nickelback in May
Lady Antebellum in June if we can get tickets

Bit of a mix Smile

we have the same taste of music....
2012-06-07, 14:29
RUSH - all next years UK dates
2012-06-07, 15:01
That would have been very interesting. Maybe another time. As you say, a fan will pretty much pay what they must. TP didn't include Scotland in his itinerary this year which is a shame. His former stage monitor mixer, who is credited on Pack Up The Plantation, is an old school friend of mine. He also does the sound for Rod Stewart. Never been to the O2 Dublin but great to hear your recommendation for it. Enjoy Elton.

Kolossus

(2012-06-06 23:01)avalon Wrote:  
(2012-06-06 22:11)Kolossus Wrote:  Just popped over from the West coast of Scotland to Dublin. Had a lovely day on the open top bus tour and whiskey tasting at Jamesons. Sorry Ireland, but nothing beats the diversity and complexity of Scotch whisky.

Wouldn't know anything about whiskeySmile except that it gets you drunk. Pity you didn't have more time and you could have come for a visit, I will be at elton in Belfast. The O2 Dublin is very expensive, eltons concert starts at £37 and toms at €65, but I suppose us fans will pay what we feel like, hope you enjoy the concert, it's a truly great venue with a great sound.

Avalon
2012-06-07, 16:46 (This post was last modified: 2012-06-07 16:48 by Rudi64.)
(2012-06-07 14:29)budhudson Wrote:  RUSH - all next years UK dates

Gonna see then in Amsterdam next year...Ticket's are on order...
A friend of mine gonna see then in Toronto,a few gigs in the states,and so back to the UK,Amsterdam and Germany.He's really nuts about Rush.
A real dedicated fan....Cool

MDSM/2 - Majik Exaktbox-I - Akudoriks
K400 speakercable.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life
2012-06-07, 16:50
(2012-06-07 16:46)Pat Wrote:  

Gonna see then in Amsterdam next year...Ticket's are on order...
A friend of mine gonna see then in Toronto,a few gigs in the states,and so back to Europe,UK,Amsterdam and Germany.He's really nuts about Rush.
A real dedicated fan....Cool

Might get to the Dam myself to be honest (i work for company based in The Netherlands). Other EU venues are also in the mix at the minute

Planning on 9 shows at the minute (this will increase)
2012-06-07, 16:51
now been ....but Norah Jones at the Festival Hall London, last Saturday- she was as pitch perfect as any of her records

A Linn system that I am proud of
2012-06-07, 16:53

ALL of them ! ?
You need to have a long chat with yourself Tongue

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8
2012-06-07, 17:03
(2012-06-07 16:53)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  

ALL of them ! ?
You need to have a long chat with yourself Tongue

Yep ALL of them -

Manchester, England - check
London, England - check