Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-02, 09:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / General Hi-fi v / AV 5103 DTS upgrade

AV 5103 DTS upgrade
2012-03-05, 12:21
AV 5103 DTS upgrade
Has anyone upgraded an AV 5103 to DTS using the upgrade board and software update I have acquired an upgrade kit and I am about to give it a go just wondering if there is any tips/suggestions before i start
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-03-05, 19:19
RE: AV 5103 DTS upgrade
I think you will need to speak to a dealer or linn themselfs, linn customer services are very helpfull and can be contacted on 0500 888909.
2012-03-05, 19:56
Hi thanks for that my nearest Linn dealer is a good 120 mile round trip so would only consider it if i got into major difficulties with it. I may well contact Linn but i dont think they support the AV5103 anymore so how much help they could / would offer i am not sure.
2012-03-06, 13:37
Whilst they no longer offer upgrades and can no longer service older units (pretty sure the late ones are still supported but may be wrong).

They are always happy to offer advice, the support staff and engineers have an extensive knowledge of most products that they have ever produced and should also have the proceedure manual you need on pdf, they may well email it to you under the condition that work is carried out at your own risk.

Where in the world are you for it to be a 120 mile round trip to a dealer? if you are outside the uk you will need a different number for linn, I will post the one you need.