Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-02, 01:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / DS Troubleshooting v / Happy with Davaar?

Poll: Are you happy with Davaar?
This poll is closed.
YES 95.45% 63 95.45%
NO 4.55% 3 4.55%
Total 66 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Happy with Davaar?
2012-04-01, 14:07
Happy with Davaar?
I'm still on Cara because I've never had any issues but now I'm thinking of upgrading to Davaar since all new/latest control points seem to require Davaar.

So I ask, are you happy with Davaar in terms of both sound and control point operation?

If so what control point/handheld device combo are you using for your Linn DS with Davaar?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-04-01, 14:29
RE: Happy with Davaar?
I am definitely not happy with davaar 5, davaar 3 in my opinion was very stable with no bugs at all on either iPad or pc windows 7. I installed davaar 5 on the 23rd of December and have had numerous control point issues with kinsky. Kinsky in this poorly conceived state is almost useless.
Linn have no comments to make when we have complained on quite a number of threads relating to our problems, why?

Avalon

Klimax DS/1 , Klimax Kontrol/2, klimax chakra twin(Dk), akurate 242 (new bases) speakers,nordost Tyr & Chord Sarum Tuned Aray balanced, Chord Sarum Tuned Aray mains for Ds,russ andrews purifier block . Tranquil ava rs3 server, ipad 2 & kinsky & songbook lite. Sonos for multiroom.
2012-04-01, 14:29 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-01 14:30 by ozzzy189.)
Very happy here, kit as per sig, bubble ds on HTC sensation. Not many issues at all, and sounds ok to me!
I must add that I feel davaar is more detailed and punchy than cara.

Linn- Majik DS-D, Lejonklou Sagatun stereo pre amp, Lejonklou Tundra stereo power amplifier, Linn Majik 109's. Linn Silvers. K400.Russ Andrews oak cone feet and torlyte rack. Stock power leads.
2012-04-01, 14:39 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-01 14:41 by grimreaper46.)
On my iPAD and Lap Top. Never had any issues at all. Using Davaar 5.

The world will end on 1st May 2014....
2012-04-01, 15:37
I'm content with Davaar5.

Not much
2012-04-01, 15:42 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-01 15:44 by Briain.)
(2012-04-01 14:29)avalon Wrote:  I am definitely not happy with davaar 5, davaar 3 in my opinion was very stable with no bugs at all on either iPad or pc windows 7. I installed davaar 5 on the 23rd of December and have had numerous control point issues with kinsky. Kinsky in this poorly conceived state is almost useless.
Linn have no comments to make when we have complained on quite a number of threads relating to our problems, why?

Avalon

Hi Avalon

It's probably because they're still trying to figure out what's wrong with it. I found it irritating that when the iPad was resumed, it had almost always minimised (Chorus doesn't do that; it resumes showing Chorus) and that Kinsky took too long re-discovering everything when resumed, but it did work okay. After updating the iPad 1 to the current iOS, it is now more or less completely busted (I tried 15 full closes and restarts last night, then gave up and used Chorus) so it's an issue that Apple have caused (whether they warned app designers about all the changes, I just don't know). I'm still fuming at Apple for their stance on not being able to revert to previous iOS - I was at my mum's house a few days ago and her iPad still has iOS 4; Kinsky started (and found things) very quickly, and I've not had any reports from her of any problems starting it - as if I could revert this iPad to iOS 4, I'd do so absolutely immediately. Personally, I can't wait for Win 8 tablets to appear such that I can use Kinsky desktop on a tablet as I'd expect that could be a far better user experience.

Bri
2012-04-01, 15:44
(2012-04-01 14:39)grimreaper46 Wrote:  On my iPAD and Lap Top. Never had any issues at all. Using Davaar 5.

I have an iPad 2 and use Davaar 5 as well, with no issues at all (touch wood)
It has been very stable, and sounds wonderful

Akubarik Exakt, AEDSM, 225 Centre, 212 Surrounds, Classe SSP-800, 2 X Akurate 4200(D), Linn Silvers, K400, OPPO 105 on Still Points
Power: Shunyata Triton, Shunyata Zitron Cobra Power Cords., EP Digiplugs
Room Acoustics: SubDude HT's, Curtains, Carpets, Acoustic Panels
2012-04-01, 15:49
Just to be clear, I've absolutely no problems with Davaar 5 and Chorus (or Kinsky Desktop) and my mum has no issues with Davaar 5 and Kinsky on iOS 4 (with an iPad 1), so all my issues are to do with iOS 5 on an iPad 1 not working well with Kinsky.

Bri Smile
2012-04-01, 15:57 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-01 15:59 by avalon.)
I agree Brian, I also accept that not everyone is having these issues, I don't know why, but Linn is very quiet at the moment, they usually tell us that davaar with iOS 5.1 is operating normally, they haven't....... I picked up a tip from murrays ( I think) on how to speed up recovery of ds and server, he suggests that if you double click the home button on iPad or iPhone, you will notice that kinsky is moved up but not killed, then you touch the black and blank portion of the kinsky screen and heh presto it discovers everything super fast and all is well in kinsky world. Give it a try Brian the next time you have no discovery and see what happens.
Kinsky is hanging and not discovering my dealer has the same issue as does my best friend . We were up in his house for dinner and a bit of craic last night and his iPad was doing the same as was his iPhone, I suggested this and kinsky worked every time we double clicked on the home button. We had music wine and women ( our wives) but it sounded more exoticTongue
I will be getting more information on this problem next week Brian, what I find out i will let you knowWink
The rest of you that are not having problems I wish you well and am slightly green with envyBig Grin

Avalon

Klimax DS/1 , Klimax Kontrol/2, klimax chakra twin(Dk), akurate 242 (new bases) speakers,nordost Tyr & Chord Sarum Tuned Aray balanced, Chord Sarum Tuned Aray mains for Ds,russ andrews purifier block . Tranquil ava rs3 server, ipad 2 & kinsky & songbook lite. Sonos for multiroom.
2012-04-01, 17:20
Davaar 5 is mainly great. Great sound, no issues there; and also works very well with Chorus and Kinksy on Windows Vista. It can get a bit cranky on Kinsky for iPad.

On the whole, thumbs up from me, and a big sound upgrade from Cara...Big Grin