Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-16, 18:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Why vinyl will remain dead...or comatose..

Thread Closed 
Why vinyl will remain dead...or comatose..
2012-04-05, 08:41 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-05 08:42 by Scooter.)
RE: Why vinyl will remain dead...or comatose..
Excellent post from Salty. I have been lucky enough to move from Akurate to Klimax DS and the biggest revelation I have enjoyed is my older CD's. Salty touched on one such CD I think, Joni Mitchell live at the Hollywood bowl "Shadows and Light". The first time I heard this on vinyl on my LP12 I was blown away and kind of used it as a "reference" album for how good it sounded. The sound (tones or whatever) I get from the Klimax is amazing. I had misgivings after I sold my LP12 to fund the move to DS. I missed the warmth, especially from older recordings (it appears like Salty I was brought up listening to 60's bands/jazz). The Klimax does real justice to older recordings and once again the Joni Mitchell was as revealing when I heard it through DS as I heard it on vinyl. When CD's first came out I always thought piano's and violins sounded good but where was the warmth of a Les Paul or Fender Jazzmaster. We have since progressed to DS. The DS, in my opinion, achieves all that a good LP12 did/does. But in short I think we could call it progress which without companies like Linn we would still be listening to vinyl or accepting CD’s as the way forward.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why vinyl will remain dead...or comatose.. - Scooter - 2012-04-05 08:41