Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-08-22, 10:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Plugplayer - steaming alternative.

Plugplayer - steaming alternative.
2012-04-16, 19:15
Plugplayer - steaming alternative.
Hi all,

as a control point I use chorus (via iphone an ipad).
But sitting in the bathtub I use plugplayer as a streaming-cient (?) to listen musc though my iphone with a docking station. Is there a app-alternative to do this? Sadly I have a lot of dropouts an "error 8" message although my widi-Link is very well.

Christoph

Renew DS (Klimax) / Abacus APC (active box) / QNAP 119p+ / location: Munic - München (and general: sorry for my awful english)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-04-16, 20:14
RE: Plugplayer - steaming alternative.
(2012-04-16 19:15)muenchenlaim Wrote:  Hi all,

as a control point I use chorus (via iphone an ipad).
But sitting in the bathtub I use plugplayer as a streaming-cient (?) to listen musc though my iphone with a docking station. Is there a app-alternative to do this? Sadly I have a lot of dropouts an "error 8" message although my widi-Link is very well.

Christoph

hi christoph

not sure about other control points based on asset or twonky data - but installing squeezebox media center as an additional music-server software, there is ipeng for phone/pad and the wonderful squeezepad for ipad - in app purchase for reasonable money lets you stream through ithing to headphone - i use this in the garden with headphone: stable, no dropouts...

manfred

system can be found in profile
2012-04-16, 20:53
Hi Manfred,

is there also a iphone version of squeezepad? Because of I use a Logitech dockingstation I can connect it with a iphone but not with a ipad.

Schönen Abend
Christoph

Renew DS (Klimax) / Abacus APC (active box) / QNAP 119p+ / location: Munic - München (and general: sorry for my awful english)
2012-04-16, 21:29 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-16 21:31 by bassato.)
(2012-04-16 20:53)muenchenlaim Wrote:  Hi Manfred,

is there also a iphone version of squeezepad? Because of I use a Logitech dockingstation I can connect it with a iphone but not with a ipad.

Schönen Abend
Christoph

christoph - squeezepad is, as implied in the name Wink, ipad only and that's a pity! but the other app, ipeng, is working on iphone. i do use both, they are equally reliable and i am always suprised how stable musicserver and control point can be working in the logitech world Cool quite different to kinsky and such.

manfred

2012-04-22, 10:58
(2012-04-16 21:29)bassato Wrote:  
(2012-04-16 20:53)muenchenlaim Wrote:  Hi Manfred,

Schönen Abend
Christoph

christoph - squeezepad is, as implied in the name Wink, ipad only and that's a pity! but the other app, ipeng, is working on iphone. i do use both, they are equally reliable and i am always suprised how stable musicserver and control point can be working in the logitech world Cool quite different to kinsky and such.

manfred

Guten Morgen Christoph & Manfred,

I am kind of stuck in looking for the best ipad-remote app for my LINN majik ds / Netgear readynas ultra 2: I really dont like kinsky, chorus hd is too expensive, Plugplayer seemed to be the best app for me, but crashes way too often. Before majik DS i had a squeezebox, the apps were running perfectly.
Doesn't squeezepad require a squeezebox / logitech-PLAYER? is a server-software-solution on NAS enough? would be perfect if I could get back to stable squeezebox-apps, but when I tried to connect squeezebox-server it didnt work because i donot longer have any squeezebox-player - can you give me a hint?

many thanks in advance!!
2012-04-22, 11:32
(2012-04-22 10:58)modulok Wrote:  Guten Morgen Christoph & Manfred,

I am kind of stuck in looking for the best ipad-remote app for my LINN majik ds / Netgear readynas ultra 2: I really dont like kinsky, chorus hd is too expensive, Plugplayer seemed to be the best app for me, but crashes way too often. Before majik DS i had a squeezebox, the apps were running perfectly.
Doesn't squeezepad require a squeezebox / logitech-PLAYER? is a server-software-solution on NAS enough? would be perfect if I could get back to stable squeezebox-apps, but when I tried to connect squeezebox-server it didnt work because i donot longer have any squeezebox-player - can you give me a hint?

many thanks in advance!!

there is a software solution for that called softsqueeze but this one has to be running on pc/mac since i think it is not nas-based. this and rockfathers squeezyds plugin can do the job but i wouldn't call this software solution that reliable. so i wouldn't call it a step forward...

pity you got rid of your squeeze player - use this combination very often: squeezebox touch linked by squeezyds to my renew for radio and playlist listening and touch direct without any linn-ds for spotify without the need to have a computer fired up.

manfred

2012-04-22, 13:32
I like chorus HD and i think, the price is ok. Other idea: songbook lite.
Christoph

2012-04-22, 15:42
just installed songbook lite. no covers at all plus songs in albums are listed A-Z and not 01, 02, 03.... - will I definitely have to install asset UpnP or Twonky? Currently I am using the netgear-built in DLNA-server, e.g. Kinsky has no problems with that, Plugplayer (sometimes) runs smooth, too, at least shows covers and lists songs in right manner.

What would you recommend?

Chorus HD: if I new prior to buying app would run perfect I'd buy it. But paying >30,- EUR and finding out it doesnt run properly is too risky, I find.

thanks again for quick replies!
2012-04-22, 16:08
I use a QNAP 119+ with twonky. With "Folder.jpg" I can see artwort with kinsky, chorus, plugplayer and songbook.
I had a Readynas Duo before and I also used the build-in DLNA-server. I remind, that you have to use "cover.jpg" in that case.

Christoph

2012-04-22, 16:39
Thanks! With ReadyDLNA and Plugplayer or Kinsky I can see each & every Cover, no matter if folder.jpg or cover.jpg. With Songbook I see no coverart at all with folder.jpg nor cover.jpg. Just installed Twonky Media Server 6.0.39, only mp3-files shown and also here no cover art at all. And still this nonsense A-Z-listing is there.

Another idea? Have no idea why in pretty much all apps there are no settings at all if they run that unstable.