Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-11-01, 05:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Sondek LP12 v / A question of sKale?

A question of sKale?
2012-04-19, 12:06 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-19 12:24 by Cymbiosis.)
A question of sKale?
How good is it?

[Image: p11309101.jpg]

Well, I finally got to hear it on Tuesday, just before I had to leave for Heathrow Airport.

The one in the picture is pre-production and I have to say even with my brief listen using an Akiva I was impressed. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it soon for more in depth listening.

Two additional weights of differing masses which can be attached by three bolts at the rear means a wide range of cartridges can be catered for. The weight's hole where it pushes on to the stub is also off-set, so the centre of gravity of the weight is lowered.
[Image: p11309151.jpg]

More soon, when I'm able........ Probably tomorrow.

Many thanks to Mark and Roger for driving up to Leicester at the last minute before I headed of on my latest set-up trip - Much appreciated guys, a very exciting development that many of us have been hoping for.

KR

Peter

Fettling LP12s since 1980
Tel 01162 623754
Email - peter@cymbiosis.com
Skype - peteratcymbiosis
www.cymbiosis.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-04-19, 13:51
RE: A question of sKale?
I don't know why but from here I can't see one single picture of all the ones you posted so far Sad.

Maybe the Great Firewall of China is keeping an eye on you Peter? Big Grin

Cheers
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-04-19, 14:52
Surely a larger diameter and shorter length might have made the item of more use to more people, and perhaps more optimal by bringing closer the COG balance point? I guess it might foul on the arm base with a shallow cartridge?

HM

Strathklyde Sondek [by Cymbiosis] Big Grin
Sennheiser HD800 cans
Everythin' else is from Salisbury baby Wink
Find all posts by this user
2012-04-19, 17:23
(2012-04-19 12:06)Cymbiosis Wrote:  How good is it?

[Image: p11309101.jpg]

Well, I finally got to hear it on Tuesday, just before I had to leave for Heathrow Airport.

The one in the picture is pre-production and I have to say even with my brief listen using an Akiva I was impressed. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it soon for more in depth listening.

Two additional weights of differing masses which can be attached by three bolts at the rear means a wide range of cartridges can be catered for. The weight's hole where it pushes on to the stub is also off-set, so the centre of gravity of the weight is lowered.
[Image: p11309151.jpg]

More soon, when I'm able........ Probably tomorrow.

Many thanks to Mark and Roger for driving up to Leicester at the last minute before I headed of on my latest set-up trip - Much appreciated guys, a very exciting development that many of us have been hoping for.

KR

Peter

It was as ever a pleasure to see you Peter, as usual I went away with a list of vinyl to go buy, very good taste at Cymbiosis!

Looks nice on that SE don't you think.

More from me later.

Regards, Mark
2012-04-19, 20:11
And how much is it ?
2012-04-19, 20:28
Congratulations on getting the finish to match the Ekos SE, Mark. I can only imagine how much of a challenge that must have been.

Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff
2012-04-19, 20:33
What is it made of? I guess not Tungsten since it's that big............

-LP12/Keel/Radikal/Ekos SE/sKale/Benz LP
-LP12/Keel/Armageddon/Ekos 2/Benz Ruby 2
-Audio Research SP-11/Mark Levinson No. 27.5
-ProAc Response 3.8
2012-04-19, 21:29 (This post was last modified: 2012-04-19 21:31 by Gaius.)
(2012-04-19 20:28)linnrd Wrote:  Congratulations on getting the finish to match the Ekos SE, Mark. I can only imagine how much of a challenge that must have been.

Many thanks for that, and yes, just a tad! Wink

(2012-04-19 20:33)HBerg Wrote:  What is it made of? I guess not Tungsten since it's that big............

Can't be telling all our secrets but we do like what it brings to the party.

Regards, Mark Cool
2012-04-19, 21:48
My guess as to its depth is , that the three bolts and extra weights are hidden inside and got at from behind, but hay I'm sure we will find out soon . It "do look the part".
Very contemporary, I like it . Lets hope its an arm and a paw , not an arm and a leg.

rosie
2012-04-19, 22:15
(2012-04-19 21:48)rosie Wrote:  My guess as to its depth is , that the three bolts and extra weights are hidden inside and got at from behind, but hay I'm sure we will find out soon . It "do look the part".
Very contemporary, I like it . Lets hope its an arm and a paw , not an arm and a leg.

rosie

Smart cookie. Wink

Paw for sure.

Mark