Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-09-22, 11:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Music v / Hyperion SM for Classical Fans

Hyperion SM for Classical Fans
2012-04-27, 14:02
Hyperion SM for Classical Fans
I see Hyperion (dot co dot uk) now have some of their new releases in SM, typically 24/96, and prices are good at £12 , or 7.99 for 16 bit.
I haven't yet purchased any so can't vouch for quality, and they also have ALAC for download. Quite fancy Beethoven Bagatelles, not sure what else!
They have good sample lengths too , some 30 seconds but others are a minute.
If you spend over £50 the you get a 25% discount too.
Wish Linn would bring down their SM prices .... or offer multi buy discounts .

Enjoy Smile

Majik DS (D), Majik-I (D), 109, Macbook Pro with Minimserver (Seagate FW Drive - abandoned readynas!), Project Debut, Kinsky and Songcast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-04-27, 18:38
RE: Hyperion SM for Classical Fans
(2012-04-27 14:02)mmbds32 Wrote:  I see Hyperion (dot co dot uk) now have some of their new releases in SM, typically 24/96, and prices are good at £12 , or 7.99 for 16 bit.
I haven't yet purchased any so can't vouch for quality, and they also have ALAC for download. Quite fancy Beethoven Bagatelles, not sure what else!
They have good sample lengths too , some 30 seconds but others are a minute.
If you spend over £50 the you get a 25% discount too.
Wish Linn would bring down their SM prices .... or offer multi buy discounts .

Enjoy Smile

I have bought 16 bit albums from them in the past and can vouch for both their quality and ease of download. They also offer much larger discounts on downloads against CDs than any other record company I know. I haven't tried SMs yet, though.

Akurate DSM, Akurate 4200 active, Ninkas (Main System), Sneaky DS, Intek, Wharfedale Diamonds (Secondary System), QNAP TS-219PII (MinimServer), iMac, iPad Air, iPhone 5, Songbook Lite/PlugPlayer/Kinsky Desktop/Lumin
2012-04-27, 22:05
I get Linn classical downloads if they are good value and as 16 bit Flac only if performance AND length are decent, e.g. The new Bach Cello Suites are £10 and that is for 137 minutes of amazing music, if you like this sort of stuff. By contrast, the new Berlioz Fantastique is hard to swallow at same price , though of course it is the music that counts. I have not bought a 24 bit download since Linn stopped having their special offers of 3 for 2, and since that was around 18 months ago, I am not holding my breath Cool

A real shame, as I was hoping to contribute to the 24 bit vs 16 bit thread ....

Majik DS (D), Majik-I (D), 109, Macbook Pro with Minimserver (Seagate FW Drive - abandoned readynas!), Project Debut, Kinsky and Songcast
2012-04-27, 22:44
(2012-04-27 22:05)mmbds32 Wrote:  I get Linn classical downloads if they are good value and as 16 bit Flac only if performance AND length are decent, e.g. The new Bach Cello Suites are £10 and that is for 137 minutes of amazing music, if you like this sort of stuff. By contrast, the new Berlioz Fantastique is hard to swallow at same price , though of course it is the music that counts. I have not bought a 24 bit download since Linn stopped having their special offers of 3 for 2, and since that was around 18 months ago, I am not holding my breath Cool

A real shame, as I was hoping to contribute to the 24 bit vs 16 bit thread ....

Just to be clear, my comments about good value above we're in relation to Hyperion, not Linn. Linn's 'one price fits all' policy means that value for money varies widely across their album range, whereas Hyperion are consistently good value. Linn's pricing policy has been discussed at length in another thread on these forums.

Akurate DSM, Akurate 4200 active, Ninkas (Main System), Sneaky DS, Intek, Wharfedale Diamonds (Secondary System), QNAP TS-219PII (MinimServer), iMac, iPad Air, iPhone 5, Songbook Lite/PlugPlayer/Kinsky Desktop/Lumin