Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Dear Linn, lose the website redesign

Thread Closed 
Dear Linn, lose the website redesign
2012-06-08, 01:31
Dear Linn, lose the website redesign
All I wanted to do was look up a manual online instead I have someone holding a TEAC tape. WTF? Who do you think this website is geared to? potential buyers or existing customers?
"Wow, I was googling Bose but I googled Linn and now I am sold."

I could not find the manual which, in the past, I had no problem navigating to. Sorry not happy.

I realize that this is a "pissy" post but perhaps you ( Linn ) can setup up something for owners who have spent too much money on stereos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1: KDS,KK,SME20/2A w/Akiva, Uphorik, Exakt 350A, Transparent Reference XL Cables
#2: LP12 40th Aniv.,KDS,Unidisc 1.1,KK Solosx2,Kremlin,LP12, Wilson Duette 2,JL Audio F113, Transparent XL Cables
#3: Klimax Renew, Klimax Chakra twin, Akurate Pre, Majik 109s, Akurate Sub
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-06-08, 01:43
RE: Dear Linn, lose the website redesign
(2012-06-08 01:31)SeeDee12 Wrote:  All I wanted to do was look up a manual online instead I have someone holding a TEAC tape. WTF? Who do you think this website is geared to? potential buyers or existing customers?

I could not find the manual which, in the past, I had no problem navigating to. Sorry not happy.

I realize that this is a "pissy" post but perhaps you ( Linn ) can setup up something for owners who have spent too much money on stereos.
Find all posts by this user
2012-06-08, 06:58
(2012-06-08 01:31)SeeDee12 Wrote:  All I wanted to do was look up a manual online instead I have someone holding a TEAC tape. WTF? Who do you think this website is geared to? potential buyers or existing customers?

Hi SeeDee,

On the linn home page http://www.linn.co.uk click on the button called 'Support' (seems a logical selection).
Select 'Get fast and effective support online or in person' (if you want online support).

Scroll down and select either
Manuals, Konfig Manual, Kinsky Manual
Manuals and Guides, product information.

Hope you can find it now, if not please define in more detail what you are looking for.
Kind regards,
Michel

minimallinnie
2012-06-08, 07:36
Seems a logical route to me. The opening pages are definately marketing based but I find it easy to get to any specific info.....or ask on the forum, there is always someone who can help.

And the birds up on the wires and the telegraph poles
They can always fly away from this rain and this cold
2012-06-08, 07:52
I'm willing to agree with SeeDee12.

(2012-06-08 06:58)michel-rose Wrote:  Scroll down and select either

Yes, but where are the older end-of-life products?

Living room: Exaktbox.
Kitchen: Exaktbox.
2012-06-08, 08:20
(2012-06-08 07:52)Nature Wrote:  I'm willing to agree with SeeDee12.

(2012-06-08 06:58)michel-rose Wrote:  Scroll down and select either

Yes, but where are the older end-of-life products?

Yep, we're covering old ground but the website (no longer new) seems to have designed by the marketing department without proper input from existing customers, or consideration of customers with older equipment. We got responses originally that the older manuals would be added as time went on, but still no sign of them.

Not sure who the website's aimed at really but certainly doesn't inspire brand loyalty. I suspect it meant to attract a new type of Linn customer as defined by the marketing types - I wonder if these guys actually use Linn at home?

Main: KDS3 / Lejonklou Sagatun Mono Tarandus / Lejonklou Tundra Mono 2 Tarandus / 242s
LG OLED 55E6V /Oppo 205 as processor / Lejonklou Tundra Stereo / Katan rears / Velodyne DD12 sub
2nd system: Oppo105 / Lejonklou Boazu / 109s
2012-06-08, 08:35 (This post was last modified: 2012-06-08 08:36 by salamonscream.)
Hi

It's not just linn. I went onto the site of a guy I know who runs a stationary business and it's a nightmare!!

Click on a link and you get no product info at all just a load of usless garbage!!!

Seems to me that marketing depts are getting more cryptic and driving customers away from companies or they are trying to reduce web hosting costs by removing all relevent info.

Rant over Big Grin
2012-06-08, 11:36
I like the look of the new design. OK, not as functional, but it conjures Linn's commitment to our enjoyment of music in all its forms. I remember the original AV51 brochure with the rollercoaster, eagle and other seemilngly unrelated imagery. The hifi itself was only depicted in the back pages... Linn has never done anything the normal way and the website continues this tradition by connecting on a different level. Just my two-penneth, mind. Now, must get back to listening to my collection of C90 tapes on my Binatone tape machine with soft-eject and Dolby NR.

Klimax Renew DS > AK/0/D > Majik 6100 > Chakra Activ Kaber.
2012-06-08, 12:29
(2012-06-08 11:36)rob29 Wrote:  I like the look of the new design. OK, not as functional, but it conjures Linn's commitment to our enjoyment of music in all its forms. I remember the original AV51 brochure with the rollercoaster, eagle and other seemilngly unrelated imagery. The hifi itself was only depicted in the back pages... Linn has never done anything the normal way and the website continues this tradition by connecting on a different level. Just my two-penneth, mind. Now, must get back to listening to my collection of C90 tapes on my Binatone tape machine with soft-eject and Dolby NR.

but do's it go up to 11?Big Grin
2012-06-08, 16:25
Agree with SeeDee. It's still pretty crappy. Doesn't appeal or invite. I still hate it.

Now, where's my SAGA mag?
Thread Closed