Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-21, 05:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / phono pre for Adikt

Thread Closed 
phono pre for Adikt
2012-06-21, 17:16
RE: phono pre for Adikt
(2012-06-21 02:54)kuma Wrote:  Thomas,

How is the Kinki compared to Uphorik's MM section?

Does the Kinki has an adjustable cap loading?

Neither the Kinki 3 nor the Slipsik 5.1 (Lejonklou's reference MM phono stage) have adjustable loading. Unless you do something really unusual and expensive with input adjustability, as Linn has done in the Uphorik, you will certainly cause loss of information in the very small signals involved (the reason that the Linto and Urika don't offer adjustable loading).

I definitely find the Uphorik/D to be easily superior to the Kinki (at over 3 times the price I would hope so). I also prefer the Uphorik/D to the Slipsik but this is closer. When you go back to the Slipsik 5.1 from the Uphorik/D you notice that it is not quite as musical but you also find yourself thoroughly enjoying it as it is very musical itself - not bad for about half the price. But the Uphorik/D is the most musical MM phono stage I have heard. The MC part is also quite good but the Urika is definitely better.

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed