Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 01:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / +2 Promo Returns

+2 Promo Returns
2012-07-02, 19:22
RE: +2 Promo Returns
Hmm....so by this arithmetic, if I get one KCT (2 channels), can I get another one free?Tongue

Half of what I post on here is not worth reading; but I post it in order that the other half gets posted.
Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff->K400->Even more boring stuff, all layered with Magick Faerie Dust.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-07-03, 05:41
Good promotion, waiting for a long time ....
2012-07-03, 10:27
...what about klimax level promo ???,
...in fact Lejonklou does "kind of promo" for his tundra amps,....
for the price of one KCT you can get 2 tundras and nice bit of cash left for something else. :-)

Smile
2012-07-03, 18:52
Why this is reminds me on a Movie....

A: Thank you, Sir, thank....half a denary for my bloody Life Story?!?

B: There's no pleasig some people

A: That's just what Jesus said.

Livingroom:Majik DS-I, 2x Majik 4100, Majik 140 with Stands full Aktiv, K400 and Silver
Kidsroom:Classik Music K/Sneaky Unik/Stands
TV Room:Yamaha RX-A810/5x Unik/B&W ASW 608
Garden:Sonos ZP120 / B&W WM2
Kitchen: Classik Music K/Katan/Sonos ZP90
Sleepingroom: 2 x Sonos Play3
RipNas AssetNas
2012-07-05, 14:01 (This post was last modified: 2012-07-05 14:07 by MattC.)
(2012-07-02 19:22)linnrd Wrote:  Hmm....so by this arithmetic, if I get one KCT (2 channels), can I get another one free?Tongue

If ONLY it was buy 2 Solos get 2 Free - they might sell a few more...

I wonder if Linn have ever done the maths on Solos...nobody can convince me they cost £17k to make a pair; perhaps they cost £4k to make - so sell them for £10k a pair and sell three times as many...is higher volume better than high margin? ...in some cases yes...

Or if they ARE so frighteningly expensive to make - drop the price - and shift the production of the Cases (surely the most expensive component) to China to preserve margins....and don't give me the old line about quality control; the manufacture of the cases is outsourced (albeit within the Linn family) now and Apple seems to be able to get reasonable quality out of China; its all about the tolerances and the contracts.

(written by a man who wants to buy more - but can NEVER imagine justifying the cost of a further 6 Solos and 2 tuneboxes at current retail prices - seriously; the next upgrade for my system is to go Aktiv @ £65k incremental - i think not....make it half that and i'll have something to think about)

Source: Klimax DS/1, Sneaky DS, Denon DVD-A1UD

Control: Klimax Kontrol/1, Denon AVP-A1HDA

Playback: Klimax Solo/1, Klimax 350P, Klimax 340A, Custom 2K 106C, Monitor Audio GXFX, Denon POA-A1HD
2012-07-09, 10:34
I heartily agree. Buy 2 solo, get 2 free. Would rush to retailer the minute this would be announced..
2012-07-09, 14:06
No one ever pays full price, but schhh not tell anyone it's a secret Wink

(2012-07-05 14:01)MattC Wrote:  
(2012-07-02 19:22)linnrd Wrote:  Hmm....so by this arithmetic, if I get one KCT (2 channels), can I get another one free?Tongue

I wonder if Linn have ever done the maths on Solos...nobody can convince me they cost £17k to make a pair; perhaps they cost £4k to make - so sell them for £10k a pair and sell three times as many...is higher volume better than high margin? ...in some cases yes...

Or if they ARE so frighteningly expensive to make - drop the price - and shift the production of the Cases (surely the most expensive component) to China to preserve margins....and don't give me the old line about quality control; the manufacture of the cases is outsourced (albeit within the Linn family) now and Apple seems to be able to get reasonable quality out of China; its all about the tolerances and the contracts.

(written by a man who wants to buy more - but can NEVER imagine justifying the cost of a further 6 Solos and 2 tuneboxes at current retail prices - seriously; the next upgrade for my system is to go Aktiv @ £65k incremental - i think not....make it half that and i'll have something to think about)

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8
2012-07-09, 15:55
(2012-07-09 14:06)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  No one ever pays full price, but schhh not tell anyone it's a secret Wink

Sshhh... Well I know - but there is a fair old gap between not full price and half price!

...I DO think Linn should take a long hard look at margins vs volumes in these cash strapped times.

Source: Klimax DS/1, Sneaky DS, Denon DVD-A1UD

Control: Klimax Kontrol/1, Denon AVP-A1HDA

Playback: Klimax Solo/1, Klimax 350P, Klimax 340A, Custom 2K 106C, Monitor Audio GXFX, Denon POA-A1HD
2012-07-09, 16:31
Completely agree, I struggle to see how their model works....

(2012-07-09 15:55)MattC Wrote:  
(2012-07-09 14:06)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  No one ever pays full price, but schhh not tell anyone it's a secret Wink

Sshhh... Well I know - but there is a fair old gap between not full price and half price!

...I DO think Linn should take a long hard look at margins vs volumes in these cash strapped times.

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8
2012-07-09, 19:36
I think these activities are doubtful. I of course see the positive energy from announcing a good deal. But it is arbitrary and can destroy a second hand market. Now when there are no moviesystems from Linn, a quite peculiar market regarding Renew DS and now a summer promo wich is the same as last year I wonder about the marketing strategy!

Linn makes wonderful products and upgrade path is efficient due to the longterm value of the products.