Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-08-01, 00:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Anyone Tried the New Twonky Server Premium Ver.7.0.9 via QNAP QPKG ?

Anyone Tried the New Twonky Server Premium Ver.7.0.9 via QNAP QPKG ?
2012-08-08, 00:55 (This post was last modified: 2012-08-08 01:31 by HiViUser.)
Anyone Tried the New Twonky Server Premium Ver.7.0.9 via QNAP QPKG ?
SmileSmile

Twonky Server Premium Ver.7.0.9

TongueTongue

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4468]

ShyShy

The Previous Version Twonky Server 6.0.39

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4469]

HiFi: Linn Klimax DS/1 - Mark Levinson No.32 - Krell FPB 250Mc - Avalon Ascendant II
HT 7.4: Pioneer BDP-09FD - Lexicon MC-12BV5.25 EQ - M&K MPS2510Px5, 2525Px2, MPS5310x2, 5410x2 - Sony VPL-VW80 - Stewart LX110SFHSST
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-08-08, 09:23
RE: Anyone Tried the New Twonky Server Premium Ver.7.0.9 via QNAP QPKG ?
Doesn't work with Briain's custom trees...
2012-08-08, 10:50 (This post was last modified: 2012-08-08 10:53 by Briain.)
Hi

Twonky have removed a key feature which means my custom trees will not work. I have requested information on whether they intend to restore it, but until they do, there will be no trees for Twonky 7 versions. A fiddle could be done to make them work, but it would mean no playlists menus and it might cause compatibility issues with some CP's (maybe Songbook 11) and with some media players. My Twonky trees were designed to ensure full compatibility was maintained with other devices, so I don't intend doing a half-baked fiddle which risks partially breaking Twonky in the process. I've no way to test the wider impact on what 'fiddled' version of custom trees would have, so I'm not even going to attempt that (and the next minor version update could break things again, so it would just be wasted work).

Bri
2012-08-08, 12:34
(2012-08-08 10:50)Briain Wrote:  Hi

Twonky have removed a key feature which means my custom trees will not work. I have requested information on whether they intend to restore it, but until they do, there will be no trees for Twonky 7 versions. A fiddle could be done to make them work, but it would mean no playlists menus and it might cause compatibility issues with some CP's (maybe Songbook 11) and with some media players. My Twonky trees were designed to ensure full compatibility was maintained with other devices, so I don't intend doing a half-baked fiddle which risks partially breaking Twonky in the process. I've no way to test the wider impact on what 'fiddled' version of custom trees would have, so I'm not even going to attempt that (and the next minor version update could break things again, so it would just be wasted work).

Bri

Hi Briain

I also notice that your menu tree did not work in the new ver 7.0.9.

Hence, I will keep on using the 6.0.39 version with your tree until some solutions on the menu tree can be found.

ShyShy

HiFi: Linn Klimax DS/1 - Mark Levinson No.32 - Krell FPB 250Mc - Avalon Ascendant II
HT 7.4: Pioneer BDP-09FD - Lexicon MC-12BV5.25 EQ - M&K MPS2510Px5, 2525Px2, MPS5310x2, 5410x2 - Sony VPL-VW80 - Stewart LX110SFHSST
2012-08-08, 13:29
Hi

Yes, I moved back to 6.0.38 as 6.0.39 causes problems when looking at thumbnails on my WDTV Live Hub. I now use MinimServer for audio and TMS 6.0.38 for everything else.

Bri
2012-08-08, 18:58
I really wish I had the head for all this stuff, I couldn't even gat my qnap firmware update to work yesterday! I kind of enjoy the trial and error aspect of doing things involving my audio set up but I can't afford to break any of it !

Majik Ds Dynamik, Majik C2100 Dynamik, Linn black interconnect, Chord Rumour 2 cable , Neat Motive 2, some Black Ravioli. Twonky nas drive, homeplugs, Ipad 2 with Kinsky and Chorus HD.
2012-08-08, 23:11
(2012-08-08 13:29)Briain Wrote:  Hi

Yes, I moved back to 6.0.38 as 6.0.39 causes problems when looking at thumbnails on my WDTV Live Hub. I now use MinimServer for audio and TMS 6.0.38 for everything else.

Bri
Anyone got a link to 6.0.38? I think 6.0.39 is not letting my drives spin down on the Q-NAP.

Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff
2012-08-09, 00:14 (This post was last modified: 2012-08-09 00:17 by HiViUser.)
(2012-08-08 18:58)dantheman Wrote:  I really wish I had the head for all this stuff, I couldn't even gat my qnap firmware update to work yesterday! I kind of enjoy the trial and error aspect of doing things involving my audio set up but I can't afford to break any of it !

For updating the QNAP Firmware, sometimes, you may need to download from their official web site download link.

The automatic download from QNAP NAS sometimes not working as the link or version may be incorrect.

Hope you are able to update successfully.

Tongue

(2012-08-08 18:58)dantheman Wrote:  I really wish I had the head for all this stuff, I couldn't even gat my qnap firmware update to work yesterday! I kind of enjoy the trial and error aspect of doing things involving my audio set up but I can't afford to break any of it !

You may refer to Briain's link:

Twonky 6.0.38 QPKG's can be downloaded from the below links (January 2012):

Marvell based Qnaps (TX-x09):
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/QPKG/ARM/Two...rm-x09.zip

Marvell based Qnaps (TS-x10 & TS-x19):
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/QPKG/ARM/Two...rm-x19.zip

Intel based Qnaps (TS-x39 & TS-x59):
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/QPKG/X86/Two...38_x86.zip

WinkWink

Twonky 6.0.39 QPKG's can be downloaded from the below links (March 2012):

Marvell based Qnaps (TX-x09):
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/QPKG/ARM/Two...rm-x09.zip

Marvell based Qnaps (TS-x10 & TS-x19):
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/QPKG/ARM/Two...rm-x19.zip

Intel based Qnaps (TS-x39 & TS-x59):
http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/QPKG/X86/Two...39_x86.zip

RolleyesRolleyes

2012-08-12, 12:21
One thing that bugs me with Twonky 6 is the way that compilation ablums are shown with an artist name that is an apparently random choice from the list of 'track artists', rather than 'Various Artists' as set in the 'album artist' tag. Anyone know if this is fixed in 7?

Akurate DS, Almarro 318B, Tannoy Westminster TW
2012-08-12, 12:27 (This post was last modified: 2012-08-12 13:51 by Briain.)

Hi Dan

Always reboot the Qnap before updating it as that clears memory. To be honest, the best way to update it is to disable any QPKG's (via the Qnap web interface) then reboot the Qnap. Now apply the firmware and then once it's done, enable the QPKG's again. I've never had any problems when doing it that way (and I have 3 Qnaps).

Bri
(2012-08-12 12:21)JimR Wrote:  One thing that bugs me with Twonky 6 is the way that compilation ablums are shown with an artist name that is an apparently random choice from the list of 'track artists', rather than 'Various Artists' as set in the 'album artist' tag. Anyone know if this is fixed in 7?

Hi Jim

I doubt it, but I will enable it and have a look (I'll get back to you in a wee while).

I did send in that suggestion (months and months ago) but I'd doubt it's been acted on. The only suggestion of mine that they have implemented (that I can see) is the trash cache button I asked for. That would enable folks to update their album art and simply use the trash cache button to clear the cache (it might require a rescan if not set to -1).

EDIT: Sorry, but it seems I don't still have it installed on any NAS's, but I'm sure someone else can answer whether it now shows AlbumArtist against the albums (as I say, I very much doubt that it does).

Bri