Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-07-31, 04:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / General Hi-fi v / Linn LK100 - No Sound From Right Channel

Linn LK100 - No Sound From Right Channel
2012-10-07, 20:10
Linn LK100 - No Sound From Right Channel
Dear Forum,

My LK100 appears to have a fault. There is no sound coming from the right speaker channel. The system has not been changed or altered for a number of years and I came to switch it on last week and no sound came from the right speaker.

I have tested the speaker using the opp speaker cable and it works fine. I have also tested the cables between the LK100 and my Linn PreTek and the same fault exists.

I have also check the balance on the volume knob of the Pretek in case it has moved, but this has not changed the fault.

I have had the amp from new, but it is almost 20 years old, so not sure if its a bit of wear and tear.....

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Regards,

Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-10-07, 21:09
RE: Linn LK100 - No Sound From Right Channel
Happened to me too after moving them. Turned out there is an earthing problem...

The fix was easy just tighten the big nut that is on the bottom that insures a good earthing as it holds the large transformer.
I'd give it a try as it pretty much risk free, no need to open the case etc.

Good luck,

(2012-10-07 20:10)zebra_3 Wrote:  Dear Forum,

My LK100 appears to have a fault. There is no sound coming from the right speaker channel. The system has not been changed or altered for a number of years and I came to switch it on last week and no sound came from the right speaker.

I have tested the speaker using the opp speaker cable and it works fine. I have also tested the cables between the LK100 and my Linn PreTek and the same fault exists.

I have also check the balance on the volume knob of the Pretek in case it has moved, but this has not changed the fault.

I have had the amp from new, but it is almost 20 years old, so not sure if its a bit of wear and tear.....

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Regards,

Mark

Ask me nicely
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply