Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-07-23, 19:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Development v / Konfig 4.10.6 Issues

Konfig 4.10.6 Issues
2012-10-09, 01:50
Konfig 4.10.6 Issues
I took the plunge and updated to the latest Konfig beta and Davaar beta (4.9.6) for a Majik DS-i. I'm running Win7 64bit.

A couple of issues...

1) There is no longer an option to turn off the power amplifier only. This option also disappeared in the web interface. If I reinstall the current release version of Konfig (4.8.2), the option is available.

2) Under the advanced section, the ability to install different (older) firmware exists, but doesn't really work since I now have to type in the complete path (what happened to the browse button?) and if I do enter the entire path, the update fails since it can't find the specified file. If I go back to the current release version of Konfig, everything works fine.

On the other hand, this version of Davaar sounds better than the release version I was previously running (4.7.5).

Renew DS / Klimax Kontrol / ATC-100ASL
Majik DS-I / Akurate 4200 / ATC-SCM12SL
Mana All Around
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-10-09, 09:57
RE: Konfig 4.10.6 Issues
(2012-10-09 01:50)knirpslinn Wrote:  I took the plunge and updated to the latest Konfig beta and Davaar beta (4.9.6) for a Majik DS-i. I'm running Win7 64bit.

A couple of issues...

1) There is no longer an option to turn off the power amplifier only. This option also disappeared in the web interface. If I reinstall the current release version of Konfig (4.8.2), the option is available.

2) Under the advanced section, the ability to install different (older) firmware exists, but doesn't really work since I now have to type in the complete path (what happened to the browse button?) and if I do enter the entire path, the update fails since it can't find the specified file. If I go back to the current release version of Konfig, everything works fine.

1) The new Konfig gives a better reflection of what options are currently available. The option to turn the power amp on/off is only available when internal volume control is on. If internal volume control is off this option does not exist. The old Konfig had no way of reflecting this, but you would find that it would give you an error message along the lines of 'Option not available' when you try to set it.

2) Browse button is not currently available. If you type the path of the zip file correctly it will work. Let us know what file name you are typing or post a screen shot and we will see what is wrong.
2012-10-09, 13:21
No browse button is a PITA.

Not much
2012-10-09, 17:48
Re: RE: Konfig 4.10.6 Issues
(2012-10-09 09:57)joshh Wrote:  
(2012-10-09 01:50)knirpslinn Wrote:  I took the plunge and updated to the latest Konfig beta and Davaar beta (4.9.6) for a Majik DS-i. I'm running Win7 64bit.

A couple of issues...

1) The new Konfig gives a better reflection of what options are currently available. The option to turn the power amp on/off is only available when internal volume control is on. If internal volume control is off this option does not exist. The old Konfig had no way of reflecting this, but you would find that it would give you an error message along the lines of 'Option not available' when you try to set it.

2) Browse button is not currently available. If you type the path of the zip file correctly it will work. Let us know what file name you are typing or post a screen shot and we will see what is wrong.

Slightly unrelated but does the volume control enabled switch the pre stage on and off or does it set a particular gain on the pre?

Music: Classe CP-800-> Classe CA-5200 -> B&W 802 Diamonds

AV: Oppo BDP-103, PS3 and Sky+HD -> Onkyo TX-NR818-> Classe CP-800-> Classe CA-5200-> B&W 802 Diamonds, B&W SCM1s & SVS PC12+ Sub
2012-10-10, 09:46
(2012-10-09 17:48)tomscrut Wrote:  Slightly unrelated but does the volume control enabled switch the pre stage on and off or does it set a particular gain on the pre?

Sets a particular gain on the pre
2012-10-10, 09:56
Konfig 4.10.6

I too would be interested in a demonstration of the path to enter to fallback to a previous Davaar.

In a similar vein, is the "current" KONFIG backwardly compatible with any Davaar?
To put it another way, would I have to 'load' KONFIG 4.1.** if I wanted to fallback to DAVAAR 4.1.**?

Humour me - I like coloursWink

Best:- KDS/1, KK/1, M5100, AK242, RipNAS 2TB, Sony STS505ES, SL-D2
Better:- SEKRIT, KARIK III, NUMERIK, Wadia 170i, Rega ELA Mk3
Good:- SNEAKY, Totem Dreamcatchers
2012-10-10, 11:29 (This post was last modified: 2012-10-10 11:30 by davidd.)
(2012-10-10 09:56)Gwrandawr Wrote:  Konfig 4.10.6

I too would be interested in a demonstration of the path to enter to fallback to a previous Davaar.

In a similar vein, is the "current" KONFIG backwardly compatible with any Davaar?
To put it another way, would I have to 'load' KONFIG 4.1.** if I wanted to fallback to DAVAAR 4.1.**?

Humour me - I like coloursWink

The new Konfig will allow downgrading to any version of DS firmware. The new Konfig will only allow in application configuration of devices with Davaar 9 (>=4.9.4) previous versions of Davaar will open in your default browser. If you downgrade to previous family of firmware you will need to install that family's Konfig to allow configuration.

David
2012-10-10, 15:30
[/quote]

The new Konfig will allow downgrading to any version of DS firmware. The new Konfig will only allow in application configuration of devices with Davaar 9 (>=4.9.4) previous versions of Davaar will open in your default browser. If you downgrade to previous family of firmware you will need to install that family's Konfig to allow configuration.

David

[/quote]

Thanks for that info David.

Best:- KDS/1, KK/1, M5100, AK242, RipNAS 2TB, Sony STS505ES, SL-D2
Better:- SEKRIT, KARIK III, NUMERIK, Wadia 170i, Rega ELA Mk3
Good:- SNEAKY, Totem Dreamcatchers