Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-09-17, 20:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Missing threads?

Missing threads?
2012-10-10, 11:55
Missing threads?
I wonder how the threads are removed from the forum...

Can users remove them?

I DO remember thread about KDS1 pricing from yesterday, and can't really see it now... I don't even see it in my UserCP, it is not shown... I know CJ was also contributing to that, and this thread is not shown in his posts...

?

R

Source: voices in my head. Temporarily (according to my GP).
Playback: A350A. Not connected. Still working on cable connection between my brain and speakers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-10-10, 12:21
RE: Missing threads?
(2012-10-10 11:55)Bugi666 Wrote:  I wonder how the threads are removed from the forum...

Can users remove them?

I DO remember thread about KDS1 pricing from yesterday, and can't really see it now... I don't even see it in my UserCP, it is not shown... I know CJ was also contributing to that, and this thread is not shown in his posts...

?

R

The KDS pricing thread was unapproved as it turned into a blatant 'I'm selling a Klimax DS on ebay thread' and thus contravened our pretty fair guidelines.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-10-10, 12:25
(2012-10-10 11:55)Bugi666 Wrote:  I wonder how the threads are removed from the forum...

Can users remove them?

?

R

I would guess that the moderators thought that the thread crossed the unwritten line between seeking information about prices on the one hand, and advertising his KDS for sale....

There must be a workable solution to this, surely? Its getting silly.

I would have thought that the 'used' market, and building positive customer relationships, should be very important to Linn, just as it is in other industries. And as has been said many times before, not sure the dealers are always interested in it!

Main:Uni1.1/AKTuner/Michell/OriginLive/Slee/StelloU3/Kinos/2250/5125/Kabers/Trikan/Sekrits/Sizmik/Hutter/Silver/Blacks/K600/400's
Second: Classik & Sekrits / HD600.
2012-10-10, 12:25
Was it not easier to remove the relevant post?

Moderation is a tool that should be used in ... moderation Wink

Source: voices in my head. Temporarily (according to my GP).
Playback: A350A. Not connected. Still working on cable connection between my brain and speakers.
2012-10-10, 12:57
(2012-10-10 12:25)Bugi666 Wrote:  Was it not easier to remove the relevant post?

Moderation is a tool that should be used in ... moderation Wink

I know, I know...but deleting individual posts within a thread where people have replied and quoted is even more confusing.

No easy solution either way...
2012-10-10, 13:06
(2012-10-10 12:21)oliverh Wrote:  

Can users remove them?

?

R

The KDS pricing thread was unapproved as it turned into a blatant 'I'm selling a Klimax DS on ebay thread' and thus contravened our pretty fair guidelines.

I guess that was my fault for trying to help by showing him the one for sale here in The Netherlands. I guess if I'd thought it through I should have just mentioned it without including the link, sorry.

LP12, Ittok LVII, Benz Micro Ace S, Cirkus, Lingo 2, MDSI, A4200, Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
2012-10-10, 13:32 (This post was last modified: 2012-10-10 13:38 by mrco99.)
(2012-10-10 13:06)ColinF Wrote:  I guess that was my fault for trying to help by showing him the one for sale here in The Netherlands. I guess if I'd thought it through I should have just mentioned it without including the link, sorry.

Hi Colin,

It´s not that black and white, don´t judge too hard on yourself. Smile
The OP clearly asked for a current value or sale price, which is ok in itself.
Then added he had one for sale and he could be contacted. That is already not allowed.
Your added link was made in good faith, and icing on the (banned) cake.
As he was a first time poster I think he was unaware of Linn´s forum policy, but now he knows... Wink

And from Linn´s standpoint it´s either understandable they draw a clear line.
The thread was simply too much leaning towards a sale ad, which isn´t allowed.

I hope it does not keep the OP from visiting and posting on the forum, nor anyone else.
2012-10-10, 13:58
I wasn't intending to sell my klimax ds through this forum, was just trying to get information about fair pricing. When someone posted the link to my own advert on another site, i thought it was only fair to state that that was my own klimax. If the link hadn't been added, i probably wouldn't have suggested to contact me when interested. But i have no problem in it being removed because as i said earlier, it wasn't my intention to sell through this forum.
2012-10-10, 14:22
There's no problem - we did have to apply the rules to ensure fairness but hopefully Rob understands why and isn't put off.
2012-10-10, 16:29
(2012-10-10 14:22)oliverh Wrote:  There's no problem - we did have to apply the rules to ensure fairness but hopefully Rob understands why and isn't put off.
Yeah but, why not get rid of the really offensive threads; like the one that WAV is better than FLAC?

Sorry just teasing, could not resist :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1: KDS,KK,SME20/2A w/Akiva, Uphorik, Exakt 350A, Transparent Reference XL Cables
#2: LP12 40th Aniv.,KDS,Unidisc 1.1,KK Solosx2,Kremlin,LP12, Wilson Duette 2,JL Audio F113, Transparent XL Cables
#3: Klimax Renew, Klimax Chakra twin, Akurate Pre, Majik 109s, Akurate Sub