Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-11-22, 03:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / General Hi-fi v / build quality

build quality
2012-11-20, 11:13
build quality
hi all
would like to know from those who have bought product lately are you happy with the build quality of the latest gear.

ADSM-Akubariks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-11-20, 11:21
RE: build quality
Are you not?

Technical Director, What You See And Hear Ltd., Beaconsfield
Superior home cinema and sound
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-11-20, 11:23
(2012-11-20 11:21)marcusjb Wrote:  Are you not?

yes have had some issues but would rather not discuss in a public forum

ADSM-Akubariks
2012-11-20, 11:49
(2012-11-20 11:23)ecig Wrote:  yes have had some issues but would rather not discuss in a public forum

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin - you have already started Big Grin

Source: voices in my head. Temporarily (according to my GP).
Playback: A350A. Not connected. Still working on cable connection between my brain and speakers.
2012-11-20, 13:07
(2012-11-20 11:23)ecig Wrote:  

With all respect, but if you have gripes about built quality, then your first port of call should be the dealer you bought it from. After all, that's why Linn maintains a dealership network. If you feel like the Linn dealer can't help you then you should speak to Linn themselves.

My personal opinion is that trying to dig up some dirt on a forum like this is not good style.

Regards,
M

As a rule of thumb, the best sounding system is always the one you currently own.
2012-11-20, 13:14
(2012-11-20 13:07)hifidel Wrote:  

With all respect, but if you have gripes about built quality, then your first port of call should be the dealer you bought it from. After all, that's why Linn maintains a dealership network. If you feel like the Linn dealer can't help you then you should speak to Linn themselves.

My personal opinion is that trying to dig up some dirt on a forum like this is not good style.

Regards,
M

+1!
PS: funny signature!!!
2012-11-20, 13:31
Everything I have got from 1980 to now has been excellent.

If you buy new or Ex Demo from a dealer you expect top notch quality. If you buy S/Hand especially from a non Linn source it is Caveat Emptor. That's why I wouldn't buy from a source I wasn't completely sure of.

The world will end on 1st May 2014....
2012-11-20, 13:44
(2012-11-20 13:07)hifidel Wrote:  

Regards,
M
not trying to dig up anything here just testing the waters to see if my experience is a one off or if others have been disappointed by quality issues as well.

ADSM-Akubariks
2012-11-20, 13:58
No quality issues so far - except a not so "perfect" looking screw on the back of my Majik DSM ;-). Was only disappointed by the quality of my Majik 109 stands packaging. Too heavy parts for this kind of thin cardboard box.
Got it sorted out by my dealer within a week!

[Majik DSM > K20 (Linn Knekt-Plugs) > Majik 109 / Majik 109-Stands / Skeets Floor-Protectors Smile]
2012-11-20, 14:07 (This post was last modified: 2012-11-20 14:07 by Rufus McDufus.)
I don't see what the problem is of talking about hardware issues - we have no problem discussing software/firmware problems. there may be minor issues (e.g packaging as above) that some people may deem not worth contacting Linn/the dealer about but ultimately need fixing to get a better product.

So long as the intention is not to criticise Linn negatively then I don't see the issue. It's annoying to have common faults on (e.g) cars that the dealerships all know about but appear to wish to hide, not that Linn dealers would ever operate this way of course.

Rega RP6/Exact, Devialet 200, Raidho C-1.1 speakers, fancy cables and strange wooden grounding boxes.