Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-12-18, 13:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / General Hi-fi v / Next step?

Next step?
2013-01-13, 03:41 (This post was last modified: 2013-01-13 03:44 by Radarlp.)
Next step?
Hello all,
My current system is as follows...

ADSM
Klimax Twin (non DPS)
LP 12, Radikal, Urika, Ekos 2, ESC Asaka, Silvers
Majik 109's/ Majik 140's...Linn speaker cables

I currently have 140's here as demo's from my guy (great guy by the way) and am quite pleased overall, however I'm not completely sure I will remain satisfied over the longer term of at least a couple of years! My 109's are definitely not going to work for me in this system so it's onward and upward from here! I have heard on many occasions the 242's and loved them but they are a bit of a stretch right now. I had also considered a second hand pair of 320A but recently acquired the twin!
So, if I go for the 140's....what else in the setup could be improved on a budget to squeeze just a bit more out of things??

I forgot to mention that I do have excellent supports for all pcs including the lp12.
The only thing I can think to improve on a budget would be a silver from ADSM to KT!
Any and all comments would be quite helpfull. Oh,...perhaps I should look at other speakers? Linn have such large steps in there speaker line! Many thanks in advance...R
(2013-01-13 03:41)Radarlp Wrote:  Hello all,

ADSM
Klimax Twin (non DPS)

I currently have 140's here as demo's from my guy (great guy by the way) and am quite pleased overall, however I'm not completely sure I will remain satisfied over the longer term of at least a couple of years! My 109's are definitely not going to work for me in this system so it's onward and upward from here! I have heard on many occasions the 242's and loved them but they are a bit of a stretch right now. I had also considered a second hand pair of 320A but recently acquired the twin!
So, if I go for the 140's....what else in the setup could be improved on a budget to squeeze just a bit more out of things??

I forgot to mention that I do have excellent supports for all pcs including the lp12.
The only thing I can think to improve on a budget would be a silver from ADSM to KT!
Any and all comments would be quite helpfull. Oh,...perhaps I should look at other speakers? Linn have such large steps in there speaker line! Many thanks in advance...R

Also, are the M140's happy with the KT? To my ears they work quite nicely however the thought of activating had crossed my mind. It's my thinking that I would be headed in the wrong direction by switching to Ak amps. Cheers

"Some know the price of everything and the value of nothing!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-01-13, 05:02
RE: Next step?

ADSM
Klimax Twin (non DPS)

ADSM
Klimax Twin (non DPS)

Also, are the M140's happy with the KT? To my ears they work quite nicely however the thought of activating had crossed my mind. It's my thinking that I would be headed in the wrong direction by switching to Ak amps. Cheers

A pair of silvers, and dynamik the twin.
2013-01-13, 05:08
I've heard the 320As with subs and have to say they were very good. (good from me is spectacular from other guys)

They did have 2 subs accompanying them.

My thoughts (for whatever they are worth) is that the 320A approach with the goal of sometime adding subs is one worth considering.

Having your system interacting with your room is so important. No component can replace proper setup. Don't neglect the value of someone that knows what they are doing helping you.

One good thing about used Linn gear is that it can be moved on without a loss.
I also might say I wouldn't trade my system for any I have heard.

Not much
2013-01-13, 13:09
Majik Isobariks ?

Lp12 Rega rb300 herc2 dynavector 10x5, MDSI, M6100, walnut MISO's passive.
2013-01-13, 14:05
Definitely Dynamik the Twin, the improvement is amazing.

kds/1, kk/1, solos/d, 242mk2