Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 21:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Linn Website Pictures

Linn Website Pictures
2013-01-19, 14:57 (This post was last modified: 2013-01-19 15:05 by Briain.)
RE: Linn Website Pictures
(2013-01-18 00:36)pdcman Wrote:  I still think its crap.
Sorry......

Me too. It's just not my scene but then I'm an engineer and not a marketing person. I remember when working in BT that we had this website of photos of people you could draw from (and only that website; you had to use only the corporate approved photos) and I hated the lot of them. I wanted pictures of big radio masts and high tech stuff for my presentations, not some silly bugger typing away at a pc keyboard and looking smug. I think Linn should at least have a picture of the factory (taken from the balcony near goods in and of all the folks working below; it's an impressive site as long as Philbo isn't in shot). Only kidding Phil! Big Grin

How about also having some really cool pictures of some HiFi stuff, and some pictures of cool customer rooms with beautifully installed Linn systems, or home cinema rooms with Linn equipment for the audio? There are enough of them on the 'show us yer Linn kit' section of this forum to give some inspiration, so find some of the really cool looking ones, and if necessary, maybe even get them professionally photographed for the site. I'm not saying ditch all thes obscure 'people photos' they currently have - though that's what I'd do - but maybe a little more of a mixture would be better?

Bri

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-01-19, 15:14
(2013-01-18 17:12)Auric Wrote:  
(2013-01-18 00:36)pdcman Wrote:  I still think its crap.
Sorry......

Don't you mean krap? Big Grin

For the record, I agree. I feel the aspirational element is missing with better higher definition images needed. I still hate the backgrounds even after a year.

Auric, you naughty boy!
Aren't you referring to, and casting aspersions on another much loved member of our Linn Forum? Rolleyes

Asperational elements missing or not, you're right; which ever way you look at it; krap=crap. Sad
2013-01-19, 19:59
+1 on the dislike front. I tend to actively (Aktively?) avoid looking at the site now, apart from the forums of course.

Rega RP6/Exact, Devialet 200, Raidho C-1.1 speakers, fancy cables and strange wooden grounding boxes.
2013-01-20, 08:25
Linn Website Pictures
+1 from me as well. Would be very interesting to hear Linn' opinion of how the new website has performed (in human not marketing speak!)

Main: KDS3 / Lejonklou Sagatun Mono Tarandus / Lejonklou Tundra Mono 2 Tarandus / 242s
LG OLED 55E6V /Oppo 205 as processor / Lejonklou Tundra Stereo / Katan rears / Velodyne DD12 sub
2nd system: Oppo105 / Lejonklou Boazu / 109s
2013-01-20, 11:17 (This post was last modified: 2013-01-20 11:18 by DaveBarth.)
(2013-01-17 19:12)rob29 Wrote:  It's a clever campaign, which flatters the user.

How exactly does it flatter the user? Personally, I feel insulted that they suggest Linn owners jump the fence to get into festivals.

There is a very long thread that started when the new website first came out. The result is the majority of forum members do not like it. All of this fell on deaf ears in Glasgow, and I expect the same today, especially regarding the overall functionality of the site. My secret hope was simply that they 'update' the intro photos which are now a year old. They way, I don't have to be offended every time I log in or be embarrassed to share the site with a friend.

Primary: Karik -> Numerik -> Kairn -> LK100 x 3 -> Tri-Aktiv Keilidh's
Secondary: Karik -> Numerik -> Majik -> LK100 x 3 -> Tri-Aktiv Keilidh's
2013-01-20, 11:51
I think their point is that people who are into Linn love music anyway they can, whether that's in the shower, over a fence at a festival or any other way. Those people who then want the best of that music which they have an emotional connection too would then want to buy Linn.
2013-02-03, 17:54
(2013-01-20 11:51)rowlandhills Wrote:  I think their point is that people who are into Linn love music anyway they can, whether that's in the shower, over a fence at a festival or any other way. Those people who then want the best of that music which they have an emotional connection too would then want to buy Linn.

If you look back to my original post, I said that I am not asking for a explanation of what on earth the pictures are supposed to mean. Besides, if it has to be explained, it is really not the effective is it?

My only request was that after a year, some of the pictures be updated, especially the more offensive one. Hello Linn, anyone paying attention?

Best Regards,
Dave

Primary: Karik -> Numerik -> Kairn -> LK100 x 3 -> Tri-Aktiv Keilidh's
Secondary: Karik -> Numerik -> Majik -> LK100 x 3 -> Tri-Aktiv Keilidh's
2013-02-04, 03:11
I think Linn have done a reasonable job.
2013-02-04, 17:47
(2013-02-03 17:54)DaveBarth Wrote:  My only request was that after a year, some of the pictures be updated, especially the more offensive one. Hello Linn, anyone paying attention?

100% with you. Personally I'd rather see the products. The current images are more about lifestyle.

(2013-02-04 03:11)jack668 Wrote:  I think Linn have done a reasonable job.

Well there's faint praise if I ever saw it!

Fidelity UA4 alumnus. Exakt skeptik.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user