Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-31, 06:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Music v / BBC Vinyl Record Programme

BBC Vinyl Record Programme
2013-01-20, 02:40
BBC Vinyl Record Programme
Hi all, I saw a TV trailer tonight on BBC4 (Borgan Night) the trailer was advertising a programme about Vinyl albums. It hasn't released the date as of yet, but suspect it will the nearer the date of transmission. Just thought some might be interested?
Brian

String Driven Things, & Wound Up Things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-01-20, 12:58
RE: BBC Vinyl Record Programme
(2013-01-20 02:40)Brianev Wrote:  Hi all, I saw a TV trailer tonight on BBC4 (Borgan Night) the trailer was advertising a programme about Vinyl albums. It hasn't released the date as of yet, but suspect it will the nearer the date of transmission. Just thought some might be interested?
Brian

I caught the show about singles on iplayer, despite my irrational fear of 7" singles I thought it was really interesting. I shall look out for the album show. cheers.

Rich
2013-01-21, 00:16
(2013-01-20 12:58)stairpost Wrote:  
(2013-01-20 02:40)Brianev Wrote:  Hi all, I saw a TV trailer tonight on BBC4 (Borgan Night) the trailer was advertising a programme about Vinyl albums. It hasn't released the date as of yet, but suspect it will the nearer the date of transmission. Just thought some might be interested?
Brian

I caught the show about singles on iplayer, despite my irrational fear of 7" singles I thought it was really interesting. I shall look out for the album show. cheers.

Rich
You are welcome, keep the eye peeled.
Brian

2013-01-21, 00:20
Not sure the programme will be solely about vinyl. The subtitle says "the golden age of the album". Sounds to me it's more about a music album in terms of collection or "concept album", but I might be wrong.

Looks promising though.

As a rule of thumb, the best sounding system is always the one you currently own.
2013-01-21, 02:08
"Sleeve art." "Tactile." Stuart Maconie. "Gatefolds." "It's like a ritual". Someone sitting in front of a wall full of records. "MP3s are rubbish". Mark Radcliffe. "Warm sound". "Listening to John Peel under the bedclothes".

There, I've saved you all the trouble.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
2013-01-21, 13:20
(2013-01-21 02:08)slackboy Wrote:  "Sleeve art." "Tactile." Stuart Maconie. "Gatefolds." "It's like a ritual". Someone sitting in front of a wall full of records. "MP3s are rubbish". Mark Radcliffe. "Warm sound". "Listening to John Peel under the bedclothes".

There, I've saved you all the trouble.

If that's the way it turns out, fair enoughski.

It's a bit like Classic FM when you're a classical music aficionado: might be a pain to you, but helps no end to introduce people to the proper stuff.

As a rule of thumb, the best sounding system is always the one you currently own.
2013-01-21, 14:43
I also suspect it will be a bit obvious and just cover old ground. Most likely 'Borgan' will be far more enjoyable Smile
2013-01-22, 17:37
(2013-01-21 14:43)charlie1 Wrote:  I also suspect it will be a bit obvious and just cover old ground. Most likely 'Borgan' will be far more enjoyable Smile

How can you comment, when it hasn't been shown yet? Ok, if its too much in a direction you don't like, use the "off" button, but, if it makes someone more aware of Vinyl and how it sounds, then great. I for one will watch as I posted it.
Brian.
PS I like Borgan as well!

2013-01-22, 18:02
(2013-01-22 17:37)Brianev Wrote:  
(2013-01-21 14:43)charlie1 Wrote:  I also suspect it will be a bit obvious and just cover old ground. Most likely 'Borgan' will be far more enjoyable Smile

How can you comment, when it hasn't been shown yet? Ok, if its too much in a direction you don't like, use the "off" button, but, if it makes someone more aware of Vinyl and how it sounds, then great. I for one will watch as I posted it.
Brian.
PS I like Borgan as well!

I said I 'suspect', not 'it will be' Smile I hope I'm wrong and it is interesting. I certainly intend to give it a go. And agreed, if it gets other into vinyl, then great, whether I enjoy the program or not.
2013-01-22, 20:08
(2013-01-21 00:20)hifidel Wrote:  Not sure the programme will be solely about vinyl. The subtitle says "the golden age of the album". Sounds to me it's more about a music album in terms of collection or "concept album", but I might be wrong.

Looks promising though.

Time will tell....that is if we can find out when?