Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-12-20, 08:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / General Hi-fi v / Remote control of your stereo

Remote control of your stereo
2013-01-30, 18:01
Remote control of your stereo
I can obviously control my Linn DS systems with my iPad from anywhere in the house. But there are times when control would be easier using the remote control. The only problem with my kitchen/office system is that the source - an MDSi is in the loft. So over the years I have tried several remote control extenders which have had varying degrees of success. Finally, I have found one which appears to work better than anything I have had before with an operating range beyond anything else I have tried. The XRAY REMOTE from Nexgen which cost £50 from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NEW-Nextgen-Cont...373&sr=1-2

With this device, you replace one of the batteries in your remote (AA or AAA) with a small RF transmitter combined with a rechargeable battery. You then put the mains powered receiver next to your stereo in another location and that recieves the signals from your remote and converts them back to infrared.

It is an extremely neat solution which works extremely well. Another scenario where it would be of use is where your Linn system is kept in a cabinet.

Main: Exakt Klimax 350, Oppo 105.

Second: Majik DSi connected to 109's in the kitchen, and Akurate 212's in the office, both driven by Tundra Stereo 1.2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply