Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-21, 07:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Off-topic v / Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic Pills and Tennis Balls

Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic Pills and Tennis Balls
2013-03-23, 06:03
Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic Pills and Tennis Balls
Apple cider vinegar, garlic pills and tennis balls have been a Godsend in helping me to maintain a better quality of health.

I have been taking Apple cider vinegar every morning and evening for 2 months, and have seen remarkable improvements in my health. I take 2 tablespoons of unpasteurized, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar, mixed into a cup of warm water in the morning, and again in the evening.
The benefits to me include, much better memory, focus and concentration.
Better vision
A complete absence of muscle stiffness or joint stiffness.
Lower blood pressure and no lung congestion(easier breathing)
Much better skin quality, which has resulted in a better skin complexion, as do my nails.
My hair has turned darker as well.

Apple Cider vinegar is fairly acidic, and does not taste good, but it can be added to fruit juice, or a touch of honey added. It is very important to brush your teeth after, as the acidity can be hard on your teeth otherwise.

Garlic Pills (Odourless)
I take 2 pills a day, and subjectively have noticed improvements to my health, as above, but have also not had any colds or flu during a very nasty cold and flu season, with all my colleagues sick around me.
Past years had me licking door knobs and having my colleagues that were sick sneeze on me, to build up a resistance, but it didn't work. Tongue

Tennis Balls
Sore back, hips, IT band, shoulders?
Best suggestion I was ever given was to roll on top of 2 tennis balls , one between each shoulder blade for my sore shoulders, while laying on the floor, and rolling back and forth on top of the tennis balls under my shoulder blades and neck until the soreness is gone.

Lower back problems, I put 1 or 2 tennis balls under my lower back(above and on my butt checks), while laying on the floor, and rolling back and forth on top of them. Even better is to lay on my side on the carpet, with a tennis ball on my IT band, between my knee and hip, and roll back and forth until the muscles relax. However, a tight IT band is a very painful stretch, but when relaxed will give great joy.

Standing on top of a tennis ball, under the balls of my feet, will help stretch out my arches, and feet in general, and is very soothing to the feet.

Bringing 2 tennis balls into bed at night, has been very helpful, to stretch and relax my muscles as I sleep. Placing the tennis balls under my shoulder blades, or hip or lower back, just before I go to sleep, and allow the tennis balls to stretch my muscles as I sleep, and in the morning, all is well.

I am not endorsing anyone to do any of these suggestions, above for their health. It is up to you to do some research, and try it out for yourself, if you feel comfortable.

All I can say, is it has provided remarkable improvements for me. Big Grin

Akubarik Exakt, AEDSM, 225 Centre, 212 Surrounds, Classe SSP-800, 2 X Akurate 4200(D), Linn Silvers, K400, Cat7, OPPO 105 on Still Points
Power: Shunyata Triton, Shunyata Zitron Cobra Power Cords., EP Digiplugs
Room Acoustics: SubDude HT's, Curtains, Carpets, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-03-23, 18:41
RE: Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic Pills and Tennis Balls
How have you found the Ben wa balls?

Majik DS - Majik-i - LK100 - Aktiv Keilidhs - Ku-Stone Bases - 2 x K400 - Linn Silver ICs - Quadraspire Q4 - HP MicroServer - Twonky - Nexus 7 - BubbleDS
2013-03-23, 18:45
(2013-03-23 18:41)mouldyolddough Wrote:  How have you found the Ben wa balls?

He just turned over and there they were. Big Grin

The world will end on 1st May 2014....
2013-03-23, 18:57
(2013-03-23 18:41)mouldyolddough Wrote:  How have you found the Ben wa balls?

I have not found them, they were pushed in so far, it will require an expedition to find them.

Akubarik Exakt, AEDSM, 225 Centre, 212 Surrounds, Classe SSP-800, 2 X Akurate 4200(D), Linn Silvers, K400, Cat7, OPPO 105 on Still Points
2013-03-23, 22:13
(2013-03-23 06:03)Paulssurround Wrote:  Apple cider vinegar, garlic pills and tennis balls have been a Godsend in helping me to maintain a better quality of health.

I have been taking Apple cider vinegar every morning and evening for 2 months, and have seen remarkable improvements in my health. I take 2 tablespoons of unpasteurized, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar, mixed into a cup of warm water in the morning, and again in the evening.
The benefits to me include, much better memory, focus and concentration.
Better vision
A complete absence of muscle stiffness or joint stiffness.
Lower blood pressure and no lung congestion(easier breathing)
Much better skin quality, which has resulted in a better skin complexion, as do my nails.
My hair has turned darker as well.

Apple Cider vinegar is fairly acidic, and does not taste good, but it can be added to fruit juice, or a touch of honey added. It is very important to brush your teeth after, as the acidity can be hard on your teeth otherwise.

Garlic Pills (Odourless)
I take 2 pills a day, and subjectively have noticed improvements to my health, as above, but have also not had any colds or flu during a very nasty cold and flu season, with all my colleagues sick around me.
Past years had me licking door knobs and having my colleagues that were sick sneeze on me, to build up a resistance, but it didn't work. Tongue

Tennis Balls
Sore back, hips, IT band, shoulders?
Best suggestion I was ever given was to roll on top of 2 tennis balls , one between each shoulder blade for my sore shoulders, while laying on the floor, and rolling back and forth on top of the tennis balls under my shoulder blades and neck until the soreness is gone.

Lower back problems, I put 1 or 2 tennis balls under my lower back(above and on my butt checks), while laying on the floor, and rolling back and forth on top of them. Even better is to lay on my side on the carpet, with a tennis ball on my IT band, between my knee and hip, and roll back and forth until the muscles relax. However, a tight IT band is a very painful stretch, but when relaxed will give great joy.

Standing on top of a tennis ball, under the balls of my feet, will help stretch out my arches, and feet in general, and is very soothing to the feet.

Bringing 2 tennis balls into bed at night, has been very helpful, to stretch and relax my muscles as I sleep. Placing the tennis balls under my shoulder blades, or hip or lower back, just before I go to sleep, and allow the tennis balls to stretch my muscles as I sleep, and in the morning, all is well.

I am not endorsing anyone to do any of these suggestions, above for their health. It is up to you to do some research, and try it out for yourself, if you feel comfortable.

All I can say, is it has provided remarkable improvements for me. Big Grin

Hi Paul, Acacia honey works wonders in the Vinegar, glad your well.
Regards
Brian

String Driven Things, & Wound Up Things
2013-03-24, 00:24
Thanks Brian for the tip and well wishes,

I have been well, just feeling the effects of ageing, and bad eating habits over the years. Muscle stiffness, joints that are not as loose as they used to be, and overall well being.

These changes in my lifestyle seem to have reversed the symptoms of aging, so I feel in my 30's again. It really has been amazing. I now have many people that are doing the same, and are finding wonderful results as well.

I was out on my racing bicycle today, doing some tough hills, and a good speed on the flats. My breathing was so easy and effortless, heart rate felt good, all body parts firing on all cylinders. It felt so good.

Cheers Big Grin

2013-03-25, 00:12
(2013-03-24 00:24)Paulssurround Wrote:  Thanks Brian for the tip and well wishes,

I have been well, just feeling the effects of ageing, and bad eating habits over the years. Muscle stiffness, joints that are not as loose as they used to be, and overall well being.

These changes in my lifestyle seem to have reversed the symptoms of aging, so I feel in my 30's again. It really has been amazing. I now have many people that are doing the same, and are finding wonderful results as well.

I was out on my racing bicycle today, doing some tough hills, and a good speed on the flats. My breathing was so easy and effortless, heart rate felt good, all body parts firing on all cylinders. It felt so good.

Cheers Big Grin

Well done Paul, I feel knackered just reading it. I do play golf a bit....4-5 times a week. But as we are snowed under, it will be a few weeks before we start that......So, we will have a back log of inter club matches and the Geriatric County matches all to catch up on. Luckily I rarely eat junk food or fried food of any kind, but ADORE chips....so it was up the chippy (Haddock & Chips) tonight as the head cook is in hospital. Cant remember the last time I had this, must be about 5 years ago?
Regards
Brian........ Stay Well

String Driven Things, & Wound Up Things
2013-03-25, 00:33
(2013-03-25 00:12)Brianev Wrote:  
(2013-03-24 00:24)Paulssurround Wrote:  Thanks Brian for the tip and well wishes,

Cheers Big Grin

Well done Paul, I feel knackered just reading it. I do play golf a bit....4-5 times a week. But as we are snowed under, it will be a few weeks before we start that......So, we will have a back log of inter club matches and the Geriatric County matches all to catch up on. Luckily I rarely eat junk food or fried food of any kind, but ADORE chips....so it was up the chippy (Haddock & Chips) tonight as the head cook is in hospital. Cant remember the last time I had this, must be about 5 years ago?
Regards
Brian........ Stay Well

We'll have to do a round of golf sometime, listen to your stereo and go out for some haddock and chips

2013-03-26, 15:07
Thanks for the advice. I've now tried this, with doing the garlic pill exercise and taking a couple of tennis balls each day, washed down by the cider vinegar, but every time I take a dump, it....

....hang on a minute...

KDS1 - KK1/D - 4 x Solos/D - Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Cables: Vertere Pulse B, Pulse X
Mains: Black Rhodium Libra + Cratos; Richard Gray RGPC 600S
2013-03-26, 15:47
(2013-03-26 15:07)rad Wrote:  Thanks for the advice. I've now tried this, with doing the garlic pill exercise and taking a couple of tennis balls each day, washed down by the cider vinegar, but every time I take a dump, it....

....hang on a minute...

The tennis balls are a bit chewy, but the fuzz on the tennis ball does clean you out.

I have some people at work doing this as well, and they make reference to my fuzzy balls all the time. Tongue