Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-11-22, 22:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Off-topic v / WYSAH shop appeares in Midsomer Murders episode

WYSAH shop appeares in Midsomer Murders episode
2013-05-14, 13:10 (This post was last modified: 2013-05-14 13:38 by Briain.)
WYSAH shop appeares in Midsomer Murders episode
Hi

I was watching an old episode of Midsomer Murders the other day and spotted some speakers in a shop window (my god, isn't that a tad on the sad side). I also sort of recognised the shop-front and the name '???-Kleiser' was familiar, but I just couldn't remember from where, so I hit the pause button, took a photo and I also Googled 'n-Kleiser'.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5663]

Note John Nettles (who I still think of as 'Jim Bergerac') standing in front of the music shop next door.

That prompted my memory; it was the old Martin-Kleiser shop in Beaconfield and it is now WYSAH (pic here) so there you go, fame for them, at last (and at least we know where that scene was shot in 'Causton').

As to the murder solution, I wonder if it was Colin in the Lobby with the LP12 plater who did the evil deed? Big Grin

Bri

NB Who's the most observant detective now, Mr Bergerac! Big Grin Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-05-14, 15:47
RE: WYSAH shop appeares in Midsomer Murders episode
Briain, you know what comes next...

Get a Life. Tongue

The world will end on 1st May 2014....
2013-05-14, 15:49
(2013-05-14 13:10)Briain Wrote:  Hi

I was watching an old episode of Midsomer Murders the other day and spotted some speakers in a shop window (my god, isn't that a tad on the sad side). I also sort of recognised the shop-front and the name '???-Kleiser' was familiar, but I just couldn't remember from where, so I hit the pause button, took a photo and I also Googled 'n-Kleiser'.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5663]

Note John Nettles (who I still think of as 'Jim Bergerac') standing in front of the music shop next door.

That prompted my memory; it was the old Martin-Kleiser shop in Beaconfield and it is now WYSAH (pic here) so there you go, fame for them, at last (and at least we know where that scene was shot in 'Causton').

As to the murder solution, I wonder if it was Colin in the Lobby with the LP12 plater who did the evil deed? Big Grin

Bri

NB Who's the most observant detective now, Mr Bergerac! Big Grin Big Grin

Hi

Well spotted.

I have never seen the episode but I do remember it was filmed about 10 years ago.

The shop next door was not occupied at the time and we had a shock when a white van turned up and some "Awrigt Guvner" guys started unpacking a drum kit and loads of other instruments. They put up the sign a day before when we were closed and at first we thought it was actually going to be a real music shop called Causton Music. The last thing we needed competing with our Komri's was a drum kit being played on the other side of the wall and it was a big relief when I was told what was actually happening. Since then it's been occupied a number of times and is now a wedding shop.

Do you know what the episode was called ?.

Regards

Colin Macey. WYSAH Beaconsfield.

www.whatyouseeandhear.com
www.wysah.com
01494 681300.
email colin@wysah.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-05-14, 16:16
Hi

I just looked at Wikipedia and they have all the episodes listed. The one with the shop is called 'Death in Chorus' from series 9 (3 September 2006).

I'll update the Wiki page to spill the beans on 'who done it' (Colin in the corridor with a Kremlin).

Bri Smile
2013-05-14, 19:18
Colin once showed me an excerpt from (I think) a Bond film, showing Bond driving through an archway into the pub car park over the road from the shop in Beaconsfield. The town's famous!

Mick

Source 1:- LP12-Radikal-Keel-Ekos II-Akiva-Urika
Source 2:- KDS/1-iPad Air-Kinsky-Asset
System:- KK/1/D-KCT/D-Espeks
2013-05-14, 19:53 (This post was last modified: 2013-05-14 20:06 by mudcrutch.)
(2013-05-14 16:16)Briain Wrote:  Hi

I just looked at Wikipedia and they have all the episodes listed. The one with the shop is called 'Death in Chorus' from series 9 (3 September 2006).

I'll update the Wiki page to spill the beans on 'who done it' (Colin in the corridor with a Kremlin).

Bri Smile
Brian,
Are you shure it was not called Death 301 sonddekBig Grin
Mud.
2013-05-16, 13:27
(2013-05-14 19:18)mickc Wrote:  Colin once showed me an excerpt from (I think) a Bond film, showing Bond driving through an archway into the pub car park over the road from the shop in Beaconsfield. The town's famous!

Mick

Wow! I worked for Martin Kleiser at the time and remember that! The filming took place on a Monday (the showroom was always closed that day, hence the grilles are down). John Nettles looked very cold and miserable during and in between shots. Method acting?

Thunderball was the Bond movie in question Mick. If memory serves its near the intro after 007 makes his escape using the rocket backpack.

Unidisk SC/Majik 6100/Aktiv Ninka bi-wired/LK 400/Linn Silver Interconnects/Sonos ZP80 but wants a DS
2013-05-16, 14:15
(2013-05-16 13:27)EdamBall Wrote:  Thunderball was the Bond movie in question Mick. If memory serves its near the intro after 007 makes his escape using the rocket backpack.

Did he pay for his HiFi repair, or was the rocket backpack simply a way to get away without paying the bill? Smile
2013-05-16, 20:41
(2013-05-16 13:27)EdamBall Wrote:  Thunderball was the Bond movie in question Mick. If memory serves its near the intro after 007 makes his escape using the rocket backpack.

Cheers for that!

Source 1:- LP12-Radikal-Keel-Ekos II-Akiva-Urika
Source 2:- KDS/1-iPad Air-Kinsky-Asset
System:- KK/1/D-KCT/D-Espeks