Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-08-22, 12:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / General Hi-fi v / Linn Goes Direct from Factory in North America Once Again

Linn Goes Direct from Factory in North America Once Again
2013-07-30, 20:20
TC Group Americas helped Linn to stabilize its U.S. and North American distribution over the past several years. With the partnership between the companies ending this fall, Linn is set to distribute its products directly to North America dealers.

http://www.cepro.com/article/linn_goes_d...nce_again/

Renew DS, Klimax 350A,
Majik DSI, Majik 140
Stax SR-007 mk2, SRM-007 tii
Ikemi, Wakonda, Epicure M1, Magnepan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-07-30, 20:38
RE: Linn Goes Direct from Factory in North America Once Again
I am very interested to see how this unfolds.

I thought service was exceptional with Aldburn Electronics, who handled Linn before TC Group.

My Linn dealer has enjoyed the support they have got from TC Group, and have been very happy with them.

Perhaps we will see prices of Linn closer to the prices in Britain?

Will all Linn service now be done by shipping back to Scotland?

Akubarik Exakt, AEDSM, 225 Centre, 212 Surrounds, Classe SSP-800, 2 X Akurate 4200(D), XLR/RCA Linn Silvers, K400, OPPO 105 on Still Points
Power: Shunyata Triton, Shunyata Zitron Cobra Power Cords., EP Digiplugs
Room Acoustics: SubDude HT's, Curtains, Carpets, Acoustic Panels
2013-07-30, 20:38 (This post was last modified: 2013-07-30 20:43 by Briain.)
IMHO irrelevant. Most North Americans like real, proper blokes HiFi kit (with big tubes and really big lifting handles); why on earth would they care who distributes a dainty little Scottish 'Super-Sonos' like the KDS?

Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Salty and Paul are going to flame me for that one)!
2013-07-30, 21:44 (This post was last modified: 2013-07-30 21:48 by grey17.)
This is very good news if this signals Linn making a renewed commitment to North America rather then just increasing margins by removing a middle man. Dealers in the US are pretty thin especially after the recession. Those with reliable LP12 experience are even rarer (you could probably count them on both hands). Hopefully they will be more aggressive with dealer training and customer outreach.

The last time I ordered something, Linn drop shipped directly from Scotland to my dealer. I wonder what role the local staff will play in the distribution change.
2013-07-30, 21:44 (This post was last modified: 2013-07-31 02:11 by Paulssurround.)
(2013-07-30 20:38)Briain Wrote:  IMHO irrelevant. Most North Americans like real, proper blokes HiFi kit (with big tubes and really big lifting handles); why on earth would they care who distributes a dainty little Scottish 'Super-Sonos' like the KDS?

Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Salty and Paul are going to flame me for that one)!

Yes, we like everything big. Tubes the size of bath tubs. Speaker with at least 2 dozen drivers, and dual 20 inch cone subs.

If you don't have to hire a front end loader to move your amps, what is the point.

Even the digital streaming data is on hormones, for that big sound, from Texas Radio big beat. We like our Rap, at 120dB, peeling the paint off our 1963 lowrider Chevy's with hydraulic suspension. Check it out Dawg!! The second video is worth watching to the end, if you want to experience the lowrider culture, but they drop the "N' word and "F" word a lot. That's me doing the break dancing and wearing the red hat (not) Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfCEolzcYtw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eE4lXkB27g

Scottish eh? That explains why everything I play through my Linn sounds like bagpipes. Tongue

In your case, you having to listen to 350's and a KDS is punishment enough. Tongue

Akubarik Exakt, AEDSM, 225 Centre, 212 Surrounds, Classe SSP-800, 2 X Akurate 4200(D), XLR/RCA Linn Silvers, K400, OPPO 105 on Still Points
2013-07-30, 23:04
FTA: "To aid this transition Linn will be retaining key personnel in both Canada and the USA to ensure dealer support is maintained. "

I will be happy to be one of the key personnel handling delivery of components shipped to me, to the local dealer. I will guarantee safe delivery of at least half the components Big Grin

2013-07-31, 00:08
(2013-07-30 23:04)stunta Wrote:  FTA: "To aid this transition Linn will be retaining key personnel in both Canada and the USA to ensure dealer support is maintained. "

I will be happy to be one of the key personnel handling delivery of components shipped to me, to the local dealer. I will guarantee safe delivery of at least half the components Big Grin

I will be happy to aid with break-in and testing periods for the Canadian customers, as will as delivery with a personal touch... Tongue
And by "personal touch", I mean refilling the Klimax cartons with rocks from the park.

Main system: Akurate Kontrol 5.1/d • Akurate DS/d • Akurate 4200/d • Akurate 212's • Unik rears • Linn AV5150 sub • Linn silvers and K400
Second room: SneakyDS • Majik 109's
2013-07-31, 01:20
Please do the same with Australia next!
2013-07-31, 01:56
(2013-07-30 23:04)stunta Wrote:  FTA: "To aid this transition Linn will be retaining key personnel in both Canada and the USA to ensure dealer support is maintained. "

(2013-07-31 00:08)van604 Wrote:  

I will be happy to aid with break-in and testing periods for the Canadian customers, as will as delivery with a personal touch... Tongue
And by "personal touch", I mean refilling the Klimax cartons with rocks from the park.

Oh good, my buddy's want to steal the Linn. Not all North Americans are dope smoking, crack heads, wanna-be white trash rappers, driving 1963 Chevy low riders. Tongue

I propose we (stunta, Van604 and myself) set up a quality assurance department for all Linn components coming here, to ensure it meets or exceeds CSA standards,, as well as IIHS highway crash standards. Linn please send lots of crash test samples for us to test. Big Grin

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/frontal_test_info.html

2013-07-31, 02:37
I've just been loading up on all kind of Linn gear off eBay.
Says it is direct from Scotland.
The seller says it will be some time around October before it gets delivered.
At the prices it was just too much to resist.

I just can't understand why they want Canadian Dollars up front.

Not much