Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-24, 10:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Kinsky Tag Editor

Kinsky Tag Editor
2013-10-03, 06:00
Kinsky Tag Editor
Surely it's one of the popular topics.

I mean some basic tag records + uploading custom album images.

Currently I have to copy photo manually and edit tags in Foobar which makes me keep the last Windows PC in my house.

Any uPnP Client can do that?

Any hope Kinsky will ever get this functionality?

Cymbiosis LP12/CH Wenge/Keel/Khan/Ekos SE/sKale/Lyra Atlas/Radikal/Urika on FE Master Ref wallshelf + KDS-1/552/500 on 3 x Fraim + Kharma Exquisite Midi + Kharma Exquisite Subwoofer, Sarum TA cables throughout.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-10-03, 09:02
RE: Kinsky Tag Editor
I'm using JRiver as DLNA server (very happy with it, by the way) and JRemote as controller. One of JRemote features is exactly the tag editor

JRiver, Akurate DS, Stax 600 ltd, Stax 009
2013-10-03, 17:59
This has been discussed a couple of times before. Many people don't want tag editing in Kinsky as they hand their iPads to kids/guests etc. who might make stupid / drunk edits!

I'd love a separate ipad app though!
2013-10-03, 18:55
A tag editor / file management / delete feature in Kinsky would be great.
And password access to that part of the programme would not be impossible surely?
Don damp downtown York
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-10-03, 21:29
I'm sure there is diversity of opinions but I wonder what Linn is thinking of this?

If they do not plan to develop Kinsky -- it's fine but this may push others to develop a Tag Editor for those who want to use it with iPad.

Can I run Twonky uPnP server and control it with JRiver iPad client and use it's tag editing facilities?

Or it has a specific synergy with JRiver server only?

Cymbiosis LP12/CH Wenge/Keel/Khan/Ekos SE/sKale/Lyra Atlas/Radikal/Urika on FE Master Ref wallshelf + KDS-1/552/500 on 3 x Fraim + Kharma Exquisite Midi + Kharma Exquisite Subwoofer, Sarum TA cables throughout.
2013-10-03, 21:31 (This post was last modified: 2013-10-03 21:55 by AndyV.)
(2013-10-03 17:59)rowlandhills Wrote:  This has been discussed a couple of times before. Many people don't want tag editing in Kinsky as they hand their iPads to kids/guests etc. who might make stupid / drunk edits!

I'd love a separate ipad app though!

Whether or not JRemote is 'allowed' to edit tags is controlled by a tick box in JRiver. Easy enough to click if you have drunk kids around.

JRemote and JRemote both have a superb search also .. JRiver gives you highly configurable views .. as well as being an excellent control point for JRiver, JRemote lets you stream to your iPad or iPhone which can be fun if you're moving about or want to listen on headphones,, or preview stuff at a party .. free to try for a month .. (oh, and it's got built in convolution, room compensation etc. so if you can't quite afford all that fancy Exakt stuff ..)
2013-10-04, 07:56
I think the customizable views are one of JRiver strongest point: it builds a library database, so you can have hierarchies and expressions to build a view, you can also customise the library fields, decide wheter to store them in the files or not... The syntax is complex but very powerful, and the interaction with JRemote is so fast

JRiver, Akurate DS, Stax 600 ltd, Stax 009