Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-08-01, 06:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Off-topic v / War of the Worlds 75 years on

War of the Worlds 75 years on
2013-10-28, 13:04
War of the Worlds 75 years on
BBC Radio 4 Extra have broadcast the 1938 Orson Wells "War of the Worlds" that scared America. Its in the iPlayer for the next 7 days if you want to see what al the fus was about.

Theres also a documentary about the broadcast and its aftermath, also on the iPlayer for 5 more days

Other forums are available:- http://hifikabin.me.uk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-10-28, 13:25
RE: War of the Worlds 75 years on
The chances of anything coming from mars are a million to one but still they come!

The War of The Worlds

The world will end on 1st May 2014....
2013-10-29, 08:31
i know about this one. i grew up in the usa and my grammy used to tell me about this one when i was little. she remembered hearing it live on a radio with tubes in the depression. she told me every body had faith in radios in those days and if they did not hear the begining of the show they thought it was all real. it seems simple now. hard to imagine but i think after hearing her speek it was very scarey for every body that was listening back in the day. and she was a smart lady.
2013-10-29, 11:44
The documentary was very informative and put things into context.

It was just after the Hindenburg disaster, and presented it in much the same manner. Also the Spanish Civil War and rise of Hitler were in peoples minds.

Taking that and the fact that radio was the main source of many peoples news makes you realise that you would have probably acted the same.

Could it happen again? Listen to the Documentary ...

Other forums are available:- http://hifikabin.me.uk