Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Recorded Music v / My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)
2017-09-24, 13:26
RE: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)
Sound Liaison has started their indian summer sale this weekend.
33% off on all albums if you fill in the code ''indian summer''.

(2017-07-04 19:55)Kef Wrote:  They have released a compare sampler containing the first track in all kinds of formats all converted from the master DXD file, it's a free download;
[Image: compare2017shadow300v76.png]
link; DXD to PCM, DSD and Flac

(2017-05-13 18:04)24bit Wrote:  
(2017-05-09 20:05)Kef Wrote:  
(2017-05-05 21:21)Migo Wrote:  Stop the press!
Just finished first listen of Carmen Gomes Sings the Blues. This download is truly impressive. She has never song better and her band is in top form. The depth and the placement is truly amazing.
Highly recommended.
[Image: CSTB300shadowv2.png]
Carmen Gomes Sings the Blues

Yes it is a great recording.
At first I thought.... Harry Belafonte..... But the album has more to do with the likes of Ray Charles and other of the greats. see her quote:
Quote:'Belafonte Sings the Blues' was one of her favorite albums when she as a kid spent countless hours listening to music and making cassette tape compilations from her parents vast LP collection.
"I had a 60 minutes tape that I made consisting of my favorite songs from the Sings the Blues albums of Harry Belafonte, Nina Simone, Ray Charles, Memphis Slim and Muddy Waters. The tape eventually broke and got eaten by the machine, that's how much I played it!" Carmen recalls.

Any female singer who lists Memphis Slim as an influence gets my vote! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-27, 11:38
The label has a sale on at the moment. One has to fill in the coupon code
''indian summer'' in order to get a 33% reduction on the downloads.
(2017-07-04 19:55)Kef Wrote:  They have released a compare sampler containing the first track in all kinds of formats all converted from the master DXD file, it's a free download;

Just finished first listen of Carmen Gomes Sings the Blues. This download is truly impressive. She has never song better and her band is in top form. The depth and the placement is truly amazing.
Highly recommended.

At first I thought.... Harry Belafonte..... But the album has more to do with the likes of Ray Charles and other of the greats. see her quote:
Quote:'Belafonte Sings the Blues' was one of her favorite albums when she as a kid spent countless hours listening to music and making cassette tape compilations from her parents vast LP collection.
"I had a 60 minutes tape that I made consisting of my favorite songs from the Sings the Blues albums of Harry Belafonte, Nina Simone, Ray Charles, Memphis Slim and Muddy Waters. The tape eventually broke and got eaten by the machine, that's how much I played it!" Carmen recalls.

2017-10-01, 14:54
(2017-09-01 21:49)IanF Wrote:  I've just bought the first pressing of Gillian Welch's The Harrow & The Harvest. Sounds amazing. Probably the best vinyl I've got (including the Clare Teal direct cut tribute to Ella Fitzgerald).
Ian
Is that a 188 gram lp?
2017-10-07, 17:42
(2017-09-27 11:38)24bit Wrote:  The label has a sale on at the moment. One has to fill in the coupon code
''indian summer'' in order to get a 33% reduction on the downloads.

Highly recommended.

The original LP has been rereleased, makes for a nice comparrison;[Image: imxlp6012-45.jpg]
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Harry-Belafon...LP6012-45/
Yesterday, 16:57
I saw this on the Audiostream site's recommended recordings, the little label is truly getting recognized:
Quote:Anything from Sound Liaison
Sound Liaison is a small audiophile type record company from the Netherlands. They differ from many audiophile labels as they produce music that you will want to listen to over and over again for the quality of the music and the performances rather than just for the sound quality. Don't get me wrong, the entire Sound Liaison catalogue, which is very small as they are a new label, features excellent sound. My favorites are Andre Heuvelman's After Silence featuring classical music, Carmen Gomes Inc.'s A Thousand Shades of Blue and Little Blue both of which feature music more in the pop and standards vein and two jazz recordings, Impromptu featuring Tony Overwater and Bert van den Brink on piano and bass and The Witner's Trio's En Azul which features some very creative arrangements of some jazz standards.
Don't know if I would categorize Carmen Gomes as pop, sounds more like jazz and Americane to me, but anyway good review.
[Image: 12216joe5.jpg]