Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-24, 10:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Music v / Texas Hurricane. The music of SRV

Texas Hurricane. The music of SRV
2014-08-05, 06:15
Texas Hurricane. The music of SRV
I have been listening to the new Box set...Texas Hurricane, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble. This set is from Chad Kassem's Analogue Productions and is pressed by Quality Records.
My set is the 12 LP 45rpm set. I can tell you that this is a great set to listen to with the LP12 on its 45rpm setting. Unlike the original LP's, SRV's Strat has far more bite and the music flows much better.

I would recommend this box set to anyone who likes the music of SRV. It comes as a 33 1/3 rpm set, a 45 rpm set and as a SACD set. I haven' t heard the other sets, so IF anyone owns these, maybe they could chime in here.
To SRV fans, I highly recommend you seek this set out.

Linn LP12 Radikal D Cirkus/Kore, Well Tempered 'Black' arm with custom VDH cabling, Benz Ruby 2, Nordost Tyr Phono and IC's, CAT Sig with custom top plate and rolled in NOS 12AU7 Mullard's, Jeff Rowland model 8 with choke and rib plate, Nordost Frey 2 sc,Zoethecus stands, Sonus Faber Guarneri Hommage. Audio Research D70 mk2 with Winged C's as valve back-up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-08-05, 08:11
RE: Texas Hurricane. The music of SRV
I would love to own this and the upcoming CCR box set. But the 45 RPM SRV set at $33 1/3 an LP must be a joke I can't laugh at.

2014-08-05, 21:09
My original copies sound great, but, maybe the new set might be worth a listen?
BV

String Driven Things, & Wound Up Things
2014-08-07, 06:24
(2014-08-05 21:09)Brianev Wrote:  My original copies sound great, but, maybe the new set might be worth a listen?
BV

I would highly recommend that you give a listen to the new SRV Box set. However, be aware that once you do, you will probably want to open your walletBig Grin

Linn LP12 Radikal D Cirkus/Kore, Well Tempered 'Black' arm with custom VDH cabling, Benz Ruby 2, Nordost Tyr Phono and IC's, CAT Sig with custom top plate and rolled in NOS 12AU7 Mullard's, Jeff Rowland model 8 with choke and rib plate, Nordost Frey 2 sc,Zoethecus stands, Sonus Faber Guarneri Hommage. Audio Research D70 mk2 with Winged C's as valve back-up.
2014-08-07, 21:15
Thanks for the info
BV

String Driven Things, & Wound Up Things