Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 13:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)

Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
2014-09-01, 20:39 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-05 22:09 by bubbleguuum.)
Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
I'm pleased to announce that "BubbleDS Next" is available on Google Play.

Store app description and screenshots

BubbleDS Next is a new app. It can coexist with BubbleDS 1.x.

It is based on BubbleUPnP 2.x, has a modernized UI, better typography, album and radio grid views (hello Briain!) and much more! It requires Android 4.x.

It is a free app so anyone can try it. The free version limits the Playlist to 16 tracks and has (limited) ads. These can be removed with an in-app purchase of 4.99€ or 8.99€ or 12.99€ (or equivalent in £ and $). Each price unlocks the app identically and you select the price you want.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-09-01, 20:45 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-01 20:47 by Donald.)
RE: Announcing BubbleDS Next
(2014-09-01 20:39)bubbleguuum Wrote:  I'm pleased to announce that "BubbleDS Next" is available on Google Play.

Store app description and screenshots

BubbleDS Next is a new app. It can coexist with BubbleDS 1.x.

It is based on BubbleUPnP 2.x, has a modernized UI, better typography, album and radio grid views (hello Briain!) and much more! It requires Android 4.x.

It is a free app so anyone can try it. The free version limits the Playlist to 16 tracks and has (limited) ads. These can be removed with an in-app purchase of 4.99€ or 8.99€ or 12.99€ (or equivalent in £ and $). Each price unlocks the app identically and you select the price you want.

Looking good - can't I just upgrade from BubbleDS to BubbleDS Next?

Is it compatible with Minimserver?

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2014-09-02, 09:24 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 09:25 by sunbeamgls.)
Doesn't seem to do much more than the original, but it looks nice and it performs faster. Very happy with BubbleDS as a whole so I've purchased at the higher price (£9.99 in the UK) as its been great value in the original version.
Perhaps it could be re-badged by Linn and save them their own development costs and give customers a better experience?

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2014-09-02, 10:50 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 21:24 by Donald.)
(2014-09-02 09:24)sunbeamgls Wrote:  Doesn't seem to do much more than the original, but it looks nice and it performs faster. Very happy with BubbleDS as a whole so I've purchased at the higher price (£9.99 in the UK) as its been great value in the original version.
Perhaps it could be re-badged by Linn and save them their own development costs and give customers a better experience?

Couldn't agree more as BubbleDS has performed flawlessly and it's so intuitive - I'll probably just upgrade anyway.

One other major benefit of BubbleDS is that I've been able to avoid/ignore all the threads on Kazoo - all that hassle for a free product! Why don't Linn just outsource such things to a proper developer?

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2014-09-02, 12:22 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 12:23 by Scrut.)
I use JRiver, conrolled by BubbleUPNP Server and then BubbleUPNP to control the playlist etc. I presume there is little point in getting this? Also out of interest I was controlling a KDS with Bubble UPNP the other day and the playlist didn't seem to be showing in Kazoo and gapless wasn't working, does Bubble UPNP not control a DS in the same manner as BubbleDS by pushing the playlist to the DS? It seems to push the playlist to the BubbleUPNP server correctly (so Kazoo etc can open it) I always thought there was not much difference except UPNP didn't do radio?

I must add that you have done a very good job of the user interface, the best way of controlling a DS is now even further ahead of the opposition!

Sources: Antelope Zodiac Platinum with Dirac Live
Amps: Nord One UP NC500MBs (with Sonic Imagery 994 op amps)
Speakers: B&W 802D2s & 2x SVS SB13 Ultras
2014-09-02, 13:28 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 13:28 by bubbleguuum.)
(2014-09-02 12:22)tomscrut Wrote:  I use JRiver, conrolled by BubbleUPNP Server and then BubbleUPNP to control the playlist etc. I presume there is little point in getting this? Also out of interest I was controlling a KDS with Bubble UPNP the other day and the playlist didn't seem to be showing in Kazoo and gapless wasn't working, does Bubble UPNP not control a DS in the same manner as BubbleDS by pushing the playlist to the DS? It seems to push the playlist to the BubbleUPNP server correctly (so Kazoo etc can open it) I always thought there was not much difference except UPNP didn't do radio?

I must add that you have done a very good job of the user interface, the best way of controlling a DS is now even further ahead of the opposition!

BubbleUPnP can only control non-Linn OpenHome renderers and Linn renderers as regular UPnP AV devices only. For the full experience controlling a DS, you need BubbleDS (which is also able to control any OpenHome renderer such as the ones created with BubbleUPnP Server).
2014-09-02, 13:34
Cheers this explains it. So I don't really need it then as I don't have a DS, it wasn't mine I was using but it explains its behavior!

2014-09-02, 13:50 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 13:52 by bubbleguuum.)
v2.0.1 will be shortly available on Google Play:
  • new app icon not using Linn imagery
  • fixed crash on app startup if Linn preamp present on the network
  • added ability to display Kazoo Server web configuration page via 3-dot menu
  • side menu displays "No Linn DS found" if no device is found on the network

2014-09-02, 18:58
Hi bubbleguum,

tried and bought it - I like it.
But there is one problem: I just can conrol the volumen by the hard key of my pad (Nexus 10), not on the screen.
Christoph

Renew DS/1 (Klimax) / Kii three / Intel NUC / location: Munic - München (and general: sorry for my awful english)
2014-09-02, 21:04
Isn't there a setting for on screen volume in the settings under 'now playing'? There was on V1 and I'm sure that BubbleUPNP V2 has the same option