Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 01:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)

Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
2017-07-15, 10:12
RE: Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
Hi All,
I am using Bubble DS Next version 2.6 on my Samsung Tab to control my Akurate DS.
Recently my ADS does not show up as one of the renderers in Bubble Next DS.
If I power off my tablet and power on again then my ADS shows up.
I can make it work but it is a hassle.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Any solutions or ideas?
Chip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-15, 11:23
Sounds like the classic discovery problem - probably the commonest problem with network streaming systems. If it is, the most likely culprit is neither your DS nor Bubble, but a setting in your router. Which make and model of router are you using? Also, what is the firmware version on your ADS? Recent versions (I forget from exactly which one) have had some changes to help with network discovery problems.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-07-15, 11:50
(2017-07-15 11:23)DavidHB Wrote:  Sounds like the classic discovery problem - probably the commonest problem with network streaming systems. If it is, the most likely culprit is neither your DS nor Bubble, but a setting in your router. Which make and model of router are you using? Also, what is the firmware version on your ADS? Recent versions (I forget from exactly which one) have had some changes to help with network discovery problems.

David

Hi David,
Nice to hear from you again.
My Network
WAP
Cisco/Linksys EA6500
CAT6a Gigabit ethernet connection to ethernet switch
Ethernet Switch
Linksys LGS318 18 Port Smart Gigabit Switch
exclusively used for audio system
CAT6a ethernet connection to ADS, QNAP server, other audio devices

Linn Akurate DS
Model Name: Akurate DS
Software Version: 4.56.177
Software Variant: AkurateDsMk2
Linn Konfig reports this device is up to date on the UPDATES tab.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Andriod version 7.0
I have BubbleUPnP and BubbleDS Next installed on the tablet.

BubbleUPnP always finds my ADS.
BubbleDS Next only finds my ADS if I power it off and then on. Once it finds the ADS it does everything it should. If I stop BubbleDS Next the next time I start BubbleDS Next it can not find my ADS until I perform a power off and power on.
I have only noticed this problem in the last month or two.
Maybe since the update to BubbleDS Next version 2.6 at the end of May?
In the past it has always recognized my ADS.
If BubbleUPnP can find my ADS I would think BubbleDS Next should also find my ADS.

Any ideas?
Chip
2017-07-16, 08:53
If your router allows you to allocate permanent IP addresses to your DS products, tablet(s) and your NAS, try doing that.

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-07-16, 09:55
(2017-07-16 08:53)sunbeamgls Wrote:  If your router allows you to allocate permanent IP addresses to your DS products, tablet(s) and your NAS, try doing that.

Hi,
All my audio equipment (ADS, NAS, etc.) has permanent IP addresses assigned by the DHCP server in my router based on their MAC address.
Chip
2017-07-17, 11:13
Sorry not to come back sooner.

I find it very odd that, on the same device, BubbleUPnP works when BubbleDS does not, as there is so much commonality between them. This might be a point on which Bubbleguuum should chip in ... ?

The only thing I can suggest by way of a diagnostic test is to install BubbleDS on another device (maybe borrowed), to see if that works. Also, if you can, turn off IGMP snooping on both the router and the switch.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-10-04, 15:16
Hi - I use both the Bubble Next and UPnP apps on a Google Pixel phone for hifi/headphone listening. While the UPnP app seems to work as advertised I've noticed that one by one the functions of the Linn DS version stop working. For instance, the switch off on received call no longer works, and the screensaver updating no longer works. Is BubbleDS a low priority app? Any chance it might be fixed. The Linn Kazoo app is just hilariously bad, so there is no other option for controlling the DS. I would really like the switch off on incoming call feature to work.