Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)

Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
2014-09-02, 21:17 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 21:21 by Donald.)
RE: Announcing BubbleDS Next
(2014-09-02 21:04)tomscrut Wrote:  Isn't there a setting for on screen volume in the settings under 'now playing'? There was on V1 and I'm sure that BubbleUPNP V2 has the same option

Under 'Now Playing' in Settings you need to switch 'Show Volume Buttons' to On.

I'm struggling to find the Volume slider which was an essential feature of Bubble DS - hope it's not gone with the upgrade to BubbleDS Next!?

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-09-02, 21:55 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 21:56 by bubbleguuum.)
(2014-09-02 21:17)Donald Wrote:  
(2014-09-02 21:04)tomscrut Wrote:  Isn't there a setting for on screen volume in the settings under 'now playing'? There was on V1 and I'm sure that BubbleUPNP V2 has the same option

Under 'Now Playing' in Settings you need to switch 'Show Volume Buttons' to On.

I'm struggling to find the Volume slider which was an essential feature of Bubble DS - hope it's not gone with the upgrade to BubbleDS Next!?

It' not a slider anymore but + and - volume buttons displayed on the Now Playing screen if Settings > Now Playing > Show volume button is set to "on" (which is the default on tablets). By default it increases/decreases volume by +1/-1 step, which can be changed in Settings > Control > Volume step.
2014-09-02, 22:47 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 22:48 by Donald.)
(2014-09-02 21:55)bubbleguuum Wrote:  It' not a slider anymore but + and - volume buttons displayed on the Now Playing screen

That's a real shame as I really liked the Volume slider in Bubble DS. The + and - buttons seem clunky and a bit of a retrograde step but this is my only niggle.

Can I start a campaign to have it reinstated or where do I post my RFC?

Bubble DS Next is a very nice upgrade with an intuative user interface and much improved rendering of album art - Briain should be pleased?

Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
2014-09-02, 22:56 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-02 23:02 by Arnold.)
Hi bubbleguuum,

Nice app. My compliments for it.

Few remarks and requests:
- My preference would be that Library and Radio switch places. Meaning, Library comes after Playlist and Radio after Library.
Is there a way to change this in preferences?

- In Settings I have disabled the Look and Feel option for 'album art derived colors'.
This seems not to work in the Library, where the upper part of the screen is changing color depending on the album art shown.

- In Settings it is possible in Library to enable or disable the option to show tracknumbers.
This enables or disables showing tracknumbers in all screens (Now Playing, Playlist, Library).
My preference, I want to see tracknumbers in Library and in Playlist, but not in Now Playing.

- In the app the 'powerbutton' does not change, so I can not see whether the DS is ON or OFF.

Thanks.
2014-09-03, 00:57 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-03 17:29 by Rudi64.)
Looking nice...
But I can't seem to find the "see next track" in the free version.
Is that available in the full version?

MDSM/2 - Majik Exaktbox-I - Akudoriks
K400 speakercable.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life
2014-09-03, 07:04
Hi bubbleguuum,

sorry for the alarm yesterday evening.
I ha a network pronlem. After restating my router, NAS and DS everything works fine!
Christoph

Renew DS/1 (Klimax) / Kii three / Intel NUC / location: Munic - M√ľnchen (and general: sorry for my awful english)
2014-09-03, 07:23 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-03 07:24 by Briain.)
(2014-09-01 20:39)bubbleguuum Wrote:  ...It is based on BubbleUPnP 2.x, has a modernized UI, better typography, album and radio grid views (hello Briain!) and much more! It requires Android 4.x....

Hello! Big Grin

It sounds absolutely fabulous, but very sadly, I've nothing to run it on. I'll really look forward to someone visiting (who owns an Android tablet) such that I can see all the great work that you've done. I'll let my Linn dealer know, as he has one of these big screen Samsung phones. In fact, he's due to visit in the next day or so (to return my emergency plumbing kit; he found an existing floorboard screw through a Hep2O pipe during in installation; he unscrewed the floorboard and a model of The Jet d'Eau Geneva fountain appeared in the middle of the customers lounge) do we can try it out when he gets here.

Bri

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2014-09-03, 12:48
(2014-09-03 07:23)Briain Wrote:  ... he unscrewed the floorboard and a model of The Jet d'Eau Geneva fountain appeared in the middle of the customers lounge...

Ah, the Jet d'Eau in Geneva - haven't been for a while but brings back many happy memories, unfortunately not for the customer in question!

Playing with BubbleDS Next last night and found more things to tick and try out - very good indeed (don't mention the Volume slider!)

2014-09-03, 17:52
It looks different but BubbleDS is working perfect, why change?
It would be nice if BubbleDS users get it for free. It will only cost you again money.
No big service...

SET 300B, Majik DS-i, Sneaky DS, Mc Systems M3, LP12, Ekos SE/1, Kore, Dynamiked Radikal, Urika, Kandid!, Blotevogel CD-STR+, Steve Herbelin's Tube Dampers, DH Lab powercords
2014-09-03, 18:10
It looks different but BubbleDS is working perfect, why change?
It would be nice if BubbleDS users get it for free. It will only cost you again money.
No big service...

SET 300B, Majik DS-i, Sneaky DS, Mc Systems M3, LP12, Ekos SE/1, Kore, Dynamiked Radikal, Urika, Kandid!, Blotevogel CD-STR+, Steve Herbelin's Tube Dampers, DH Lab powercords