Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / What speakers would you like to see Exaktbox support for?

What speakers would you like to see Exaktbox support for?
2014-09-23, 17:28
What speakers would you like to see Exaktbox support for?
Today we're launching Akurate Exaktbox, Klimax Exaktbox and Exakt support for more speakers, such as Keltik, Akurate 212, Espek and B&W Nautilus. You heard me right, you can now upgrade the Nautilus to Exakt.

With Exaktbox we have the flexibility to bring Exakt to any speaker, whether that's a historic Linn speaker, or a model from another manufacturer.

Check out the thread in Announcements for more background on the new products, and see our website for the list of currently supported and planned speakers.

In this thread, we'd like to hear from you if you have any suggestions for other speakers we could add support for: Linn or non-Linn.

Those with external crossovers like the Nautilus are clearly simpler to upgrade with Exaktbox but don't limit your suggestions just to those. We'd like to know what you think we should be working on next, whatever the design. Feel free to give our engineers a challenge!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-09-23, 17:47
RE: What speakers would you like to see Exaktbox support for?
(2014-09-23 17:28)gavinm Wrote:  .......We'd like to know what you think we should be working on next, whatever the design. Feel free to give our engineers a challenge!

How about a decent control point and music server ?
2014-09-23, 17:59
(2014-09-23 17:47)neilh Wrote:  
(2014-09-23 17:28)gavinm Wrote:  .......We'd like to know what you think we should be working on next, whatever the design. Feel free to give our engineers a challenge!

Big Grin

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2014-09-23, 18:07
(2014-09-23 17:59)Briain Wrote:  

Big Grin

Thanks a lot! OK, watch this space - improvements are coming.

Now, any suggestions for SPEAKERS?!
2014-09-23, 18:21
SARAs
2014-09-23, 19:10
Klimax Exaktbox for Kabers would be very nice.

Thanks

KDSM(Exakt) KCT(Dyn)+2xKlouts, Klimax Exakt Box, Aktive Kabers- 2 x B&W DB1 subs -Naim Fraim-Naim Headline2/Teddycap mk3- GS1000i
2014-09-23, 20:00 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-23 21:50 by Briain.)
(2014-09-23 18:07)gavinm Wrote:  
(2014-09-23 17:59)Briain Wrote:  

Big Grin

Thanks a lot! OK, watch this space - improvements are coming.

Now, any suggestions for SPEAKERS?!

Just for 'a proof of concept' experiment, hows about some EXAKT Missions (now that really would be an acoustically intriguing oxymoron)! Tongue

Anyhow; who needs to bother about crossover phase anomalies and such like stuff? Simply buy a pair of Klimax Solo amps and fire 'em into a pair of the below bookshelf devices; likely almost as tuneful as a set of Dr. Dre's trendy headphones...

[Image: DenmanHorn2014.jpg]

(full page on the above device is located here; when not in use as a musical device, it could easily be re-purposed into measuring the cosmic microwave background radiation; try doing that trick with a pair of 350's)!

Bri Big Grin

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2014-09-23, 20:03
The Klimax 320A. I get it, it didn't sell very well (I guess) but it is a marvelous speaker and the people who do own a pair (myself included) have probably invested heavily in them and the rest of their systems, so...

Thank You, Please, etc etc... Wink
2014-09-23, 20:23 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-23 20:25 by Donald.)
(2014-09-23 17:28)gavinm Wrote:  We'd like to know what you think we should be working on next, whatever the design. Feel free to give our engineers a challenge!

If I'm to upgrade my modest system to Exakt technology then I don't really need ten channels of digital to analogue conversion to drive my 2-way Keilidhs - any chance of an Exakt Basiks range for the likes of me?

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2014-09-23, 21:25
Buy one Klimax box!

I still think the issue will be the lack of third party speakers that aren't passive. Would be interested to know of Linn do add configuration for a passive speaker minus crossovers if you get me. If it was a simple process I would maybe be interested for my 802s

Sources: Antelope Zodiac Platinum with Dirac Live
Amps: Nord One UP NC500MBs (with Sonic Imagery 994 op amps)
Speakers: B&W 802D2s & 2x SVS SB13 Ultras