Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-16, 10:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / MinimStreamer support for new BBC HLS AAC streams

MinimStreamer support for new BBC HLS AAC streams
2015-02-19, 14:53 (This post was last modified: 2015-02-19 14:54 by mickc.)
RE: MinimStreamer support for new BBC HLS AAC streams
(2015-02-18 17:59)Robert_C Wrote:  All working fine now Smile

Logos too Smile

Thanks everyone Smile

Yep; I have it all working now with logos too - wonderful stuff! I've deleted the stations I don't want (which is about 70% of them) and it's all working well.

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-02-19, 15:12
(2015-02-18 19:01)alexm Wrote:  Simon, I've had the radio streams pause and seen this in the log s a couple of times:

Code:
Error reading HLS stream: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: timeout value is negative
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: timeout value is negative
    at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
    at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource$ReaderThread.playStream(HTTPSource.java:652)
    at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource$ReaderThread.run(HTTPSource.java:472)

Anything to worry about or can do to prevent this or is a network thing?

This problem is now fixed in MinimStreamer 0.5.3.
2015-02-19, 15:16
Thanks Simon. Installed. Will let you know if I get any issues.

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
2015-02-19, 16:24
(2015-02-19 13:49)moomintroll Wrote:  
(2015-02-19 13:21)Wammer Wrote:  Simon, sorry but most of this is going over my head at the moment (not helped by the remnants of flu). I have installed MinimStreamer but after consulting your User Guide I am not clear on (a) how I create the necessary playlist file, or (b) how i reference it in MinimWatch Properties. Sorry to be such a pain, but can you explain it in terms that my poor flu-ridden brain can understand?

Hi Wammer,

assuming you're using a Windows PC.

In the folder where you store your music, eg /DSMusic, create a new Folder called "Playlists" if there isn't one there already. Then use Notepad to create a new text file and call it something sensible like "BBC Radio.m3u" then copy and paste all of the code starting #EXTM3U in the earlier posts and paste it into your .m3u file. Now save your .m3u file in the /DSMusic/Playlists folder (you may have to first save it as BBC Radio.txt and then you can right click on it and use Rename to change it to .m3u

Next, get Minimserver to rescan.

Now when you open your control point, you should find "Playlists" under Minimservers top level. Opening this should give you your BBC Radio file, opening that will give you your list of stations. Select and play one of these stations.

Hope this helps.

'troll

Thanks, 'troll. I have a Mac but used Text Editor to achieve the same thing. However, when I click on one of the Radio stations in the playlist I get nothing. I also notice that the station names in the playlist take the form of a file path e.g. bbc_radio_one.m3u8\cf0\expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Akurate DSM, Akurate 4200 active, Ninkas (Main System), Sneaky DS, Wharfedale Diamonds (Secondary System), QNAP TS-219PII (MinimServer, Asset), iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad Air, iPhone 6+, Kinsky/Kazoo/Lumin
2015-02-19, 16:37
(2015-02-19 16:24)Wammer Wrote:  
(2015-02-19 13:21)Wammer Wrote:  Simon, sorry but most of this is going over my head at the moment (not helped by the remnants of flu). I have installed MinimStreamer but after consulting your User Guide I am not clear on (a) how I create the necessary playlist file, or (b) how i reference it in MinimWatch Properties. Sorry to be such a pain, but can you explain it in terms that my poor flu-ridden brain can understand?

Hi Wammer,

In the folder where you store your music, eg /DSMusic, create a new Folder called "Playlists" if there isn't one there already. Then use Notepad to create a new text file and call it something sensible like "BBC Radio.m3u" then copy and paste all of the code starting #EXTM3U in the earlier posts and paste it into your .m3u file. Now save your .m3u file in the /DSMusic/Playlists folder (you may have to first save it as BBC Radio.txt and then you can right click on it and use Rename to change it to .m3u

Now when you open your control point, you should find "Playlists" under Minimservers top level. Opening this should give you your BBC Radio file, opening that will give you your list of stations. Select and play one of these stations.

Hope this helps.

'troll

Thanks, 'troll. I have a Mac but used Text Editor to achieve the same thing. However, when I click on one of the Radio stations in the playlist I get nothing. I also notice that the station names in the playlist take the form of a file path e.g. bbc_radio_one.m3u8\cf0\expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Not familiar with Mac workings, but at a guess, I'd say that your default in TextEdit has saved the text formatted with a font, rather than just plaintext as you'd get in Notepad.

'troll
2015-02-19, 17:45
(2015-02-19 16:37)moomintroll Wrote:  
(2015-02-19 16:24)Wammer Wrote:  Thanks, 'troll. I have a Mac but used Text Editor to achieve the same thing. However, when I click on one of the Radio stations in the playlist I get nothing. I also notice that the station names in the playlist take the form of a file path e.g. bbc_radio_one.m3u8\cf0\expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
Not familiar with Mac workings, but at a guess, I'd say that your default in TextEdit has saved the text formatted with a font, rather than just plaintext as you'd get in Notepad.
'troll

In Mac TextEdit make sure you choose Format -> Make plain text.
2015-02-19, 17:45

Hi Wammer,

Hope this helps.

'troll

'troll

On a mac (in TextEdit) you have to:
1) select all text
2) format as plain text
3) save as XYZ.m3u

Dave
2015-02-19, 19:00 (This post was last modified: 2015-02-19 19:00 by alexm.)
I like TextWrangler on the Mac, defaults to plain text and its free :-)

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
2015-02-19, 19:02

Hi Wammer,

Hope this helps.

'troll

'troll

Spot on! Didn't realise it had to be formatted as plaintext. Now working. Thanks for your help.

Akurate DSM, Akurate 4200 active, Ninkas (Main System), Sneaky DS, Wharfedale Diamonds (Secondary System), QNAP TS-219PII (MinimServer, Asset), iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad Air, iPhone 6+, Kinsky/Kazoo/Lumin
2015-02-27, 21:12
Simon,

If you're still listening, I got this a few moments ago where my stream stalled when listening to Radio Four:

Code:
Error reading HLS stream: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:197)
    at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource$ReaderThread.playMediaSegment(HTTPSource.java:932)
    at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource$ReaderThread.playStream(HTTPSource.java:653)
    at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource$ReaderThread.run(HTTPSource.java:483)

Any ideas what that could be related to?

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18