Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / New higher performance Linn DS players

New higher performance Linn DS players
2015-03-03, 16:17
New higher performance Linn DS players
We’re delighted to announce the imminent arrival of new, higher performance models of Klimax DS, Akurate DS, Majik DS and Majik DSM.

This increased level of audio performance has been achieved thanks to the inspired development of a new clocking architecture and improved circuitry layout on all models.

All models also now feature Exakt Link connections to support future upgrade to Exakt.

The new models will be shipping from 16th March. Upgrades will also be available for Klimax DS and Akurate DS, along with the Renew DS option to re-use your original board in a second player.

Speak to your local retailer to arrange a demonstration and for details of pricing in your area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-03-03, 17:39
RE: New higher performance Linn DS players
When does the Renew DS option expire for this upgrade?

Half of what I post on here is not worth reading; but I post it in order that the other half gets posted.
Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff->K400->Even more boring stuff, all layered with Magick Faerie Dust.
2015-03-03, 19:01
Very good news... but, concerning the Majik line: Can you connect a Majik Exakt to an Akubarik Exakt? Are there any other majikal announcements, such as a new Majik Exakt speaker, to be made?

Renew DS, Klimax 350A,
Majik DSI, Majik 140
Stax SR-007 mk2, SRM-007 tii
Ikemi, Wakonda, Epicure M1, Magnepan.
2015-03-03, 19:56
Hi Gavin
Please confirm if the AEDSM is at this improved level OR is to be upgraded also
Just to reassure other recent purchasers and myself...

Living Room: Black Ash LP12/Trampolinn/Lingo 1/Kore/Akito/DV20X2H - AEDSM - Exakt-box - Linn Silvers - Akurate 4200D/1 (2 off) - Ninkas (Upgrade Bases)
Kitchen: Sneaky DS - Komponent 104's
Other: Sonos Play 3 and Sonos ZP90
2015-03-04, 21:56 (This post was last modified: 2015-03-05 09:52 by Komri.)
A pity this much energy was not expended on the late lamented CD12 after introduction. No Dynamik PS, no new clocking architecture, no improved audio boards ..nada/gar nichts/rien/nekas/nihil/niente/nichego(ничего)/ingenting/nowt/nothing!

Fidelity UA4 alumnus. Exakt skeptik.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-03-04, 23:12 (This post was last modified: 2015-03-04 23:12 by kerkhoffd.)
So my timing for buying an Akurate DS/1 last christmas was completely off and I will have to spend more money to get the latest model after less then three months. Not happy at all.
2015-03-04, 23:19
(2015-03-04 23:12)kerkhoffd Wrote:  So my timing for buying an Akurate DS/1 last christmas was completely off and I will have to spend more money to get the latest model after less then three months. Not happy at all.

How do you suggest Linn should introduce new models without causing a drop off in business?

I bought a new phone two months ago and guess what? It has just been superseded by a new model. That's just the way it is with technology, and it doesn't make what I (or you) bought any less good.

LP12 + Akurate stuff.
2015-03-05, 00:24 (This post was last modified: 2015-03-05 00:32 by kerkhoffd.)
(2015-03-04 23:19)Mark57 Wrote:  
(2015-03-04 23:12)kerkhoffd Wrote:  So my timing for buying an Akurate DS/1 last christmas was completely off and I will have to spend more money to get the latest model after less then three months. Not happy at all.

How do you suggest Linn should introduce new models without causing a drop off in business?

I bought a new phone two months ago and guess what? It has just been superseded by a new model. That's just the way it is with technology, and it doesn't make what I (or you) bought any less good.

Don't care about a drop off in business when spending this much money just three months ago. Just outing my frustration on my own timing and the silence of my dealer at that time. And by the way, your comparing a new phone which usually are updated yearly or faster is somewhat different than a Linn DS costing 10 times as much that just had an update six month earlier after four to five years without.

I am all for innovation and new products, but not happy with having to reinvest after spending this much money just a short while ago. If I had known I had waited just a few short months and I did ask before buying.
2015-03-05, 01:27
(2015-03-05 00:24)kerkhoffd Wrote:  

Don't care about a drop off in business when spending this much money just three months ago. Just outing my frustration on my own timing and the silence of my dealer at that time. And by the way, your comparing a new phone which usually are updated yearly or faster is somewhat different than a Linn DS costing 10 times as much that just had an update six month earlier after four to five years without.

I am all for innovation and new products, but not happy with having to reinvest after spending this much money just a short while ago. If I had known I had waited just a few short months and I did ask before buying.

Talk to your dealer...

Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Dem Seminar" Alumni
Main: AK-0/ADS-0/2250/AV5125/AV5140s/Rythmik Audio F12SE Sub/Furman Elite 15i PF Linear Filter
Cave: LP12/Ittok LV-II/Arkiv/Lingo/Sonos ZP90/PS Audio DL III DAC/Wakonda/LK140/Katans
Spares: 2250/Cyrus One/Rega Kytes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-03-05, 07:59
(2015-03-05 00:24)kerkhoffd Wrote:  

You make a very fair point, but unless you feel that you simply must have the very latest and highest spec, you don't "have" to reinvest. When I invested in my Linn gear just over three years ago, it was with the intention of it seeing me into retirement and beyond. It was the best system I could afford (following a modest inheritance, I might add - not indicative of my crappy, endlessly pay-frozen civil service salary) and I had, and still have, no intention of spending any more on it; I knew that Linn equipment is built to last and that I loved the sound it made at the time. I still do. I'd be amazed if the £5k plus a circuit board upgrade would cost me would be matched by a commensurate 40%+ improvement in sound, particularly given the inevitable degredation to my hearing that comes with advanced middle age.

Continuous improvement is Linn's way, and fair play to them for that. But that improvement always comes at a considerable price. Unless you have the means to keep up with it (I certainly haven't), sit back and enjoy what you've got and forget about hifi shops until something goes wrong. If your (marvellous) DS player sounded good when you ordered and bought it, it still will now - even if its circuit board has now been superceded.

KDS/3 - KK/1 - KCT/1 - SME 20/12 with V/12 - Krystal - Uphorik - Sugden Masterclass PDT-1 - Akudoriks