Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-17, 18:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / New higher performance Linn DS players

New higher performance Linn DS players
2015-03-11, 01:24 (This post was last modified: 2015-03-11 01:24 by Eldarboy.)
RE: New higher performance Linn DS players
At some point you just have to learn to be happy with what you have, and not be unhappy with what you don't have.

Victrola 1922 Floor model.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-03-11, 04:54
(2015-03-11 01:24)Eldarboy Wrote:  At some point you just have to learn to be happy with what you have, and not be unhappy with what you don't have.
That means one is at journey's end. Isn't one of the more popular sentiments on this forum to "enjoy the journey?":(

Half of what I post on here is not worth reading; but I post it in order that the other half gets posted.
Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff->K400->Even more boring stuff, all layered with Magick Faerie Dust.
2015-03-12, 21:07
I'm not ready to prejudge either the sonic difference the update may make, as I myself hear it, or the evaluations of the folks on the Forum. As with earlier updates to Linn components, I'm expecting a real improvement, but hearing is believing.

LP12/Keel/Radikal/Urika/EkosSE/sKale/Kandid; DS3 Katalyst; Unidisk 1.1; Klimax Kontrol; Solos; Tannoy Kensington SE/ST200 on Townsend iso stands; Sound Application SA1 power conditioner; Luminous Synchestra Ref ICs; LFD Grainfree Biwire spkr cables w/silver jumpers; Morph power cords
2015-03-16, 10:41
Hi Folks

Some of this can be answered simply due a a change in practice.

Many Moons ago Linn would give it's retailers 3 months notice of an impending change in line up or specification. Some would pass this knowledge on and others not advising customers accordingly. The obvious consequence of this is that Linn sales would drop and then blip as the new product came in, with the obvious manufacturing and stock issues.

This changed a few years ago to retailers finding out at the conferences, which was followed by the launch of the product into the market a day or so later. It's the way of the modern world. At some point everything will change.

This probably doesn't help, but that's the way it is

regards

Ian

Ian Ridge
Billy Vee Sound Systems
2015-03-16, 11:54
Whenever you buy the latest kit in anything (especially tech) always expect it to be superseded sooner or later.
2015-03-16, 19:30
(2015-03-16 11:54)gdp1965 Wrote:  Whenever you buy the latest kit in anything (especially tech) always expect it to be superseded sooner or later.

And these days it's usually sooner...

LP12 + Akurate stuff.
2015-03-17, 13:30
This is great news for me. Big Grin Intended to buy an Akurate DS/1 will wait now what Resultat the tests will show. Cool
2015-03-17, 13:50
So does the new Majik DSM have any improvements to the amplifier or is it only on the DAC side where changes have been made? I am pondering replacing my old one but if analogue sources would not benefit I'd likely not bother.

For those of us on a "box budget", it would be great if there could be a streamer/amp combo that is a step up from the Majik - in combination with Linn's great software support, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
2015-03-21, 00:17
ADS suppose does not have internal preamp function (unlike ADSM). How it can connect to exaktbox later after upgrade for volume control ?

Music System: ADSM/1+Exaktbox - Silver RCAs - 2xA4200+M6100 + A212(mk1) Aktiv (Ecosse MS2.15+MS2.3) + Sizmik 10.25
AV: Pioneer BP-430 - VSX-LX53, Trikan aktiv (K400), Komponent 104 (K20)
Quadraspire AVM + Shunyata Hydra AV /w Zitron Anaconda + Sigma Digital, Python, Alpha Digital (/w LPS) & Cobra PCs
2015-03-27, 10:11
(2015-03-11 04:54)linnrd Wrote:  
(2015-03-11 01:24)Eldarboy Wrote:  At some point you just have to learn to be happy with what you have, and not be unhappy with what you don't have.
That means one is at journey's end. Isn't one of the more popular sentiments on this forum to "enjoy the journey?":(

"I'd rather want what I don't have, than have what I don't want" is another way of looking at it.

I would love a Klimax Exakt but it's out of reach and always will be (unless my numbers come in). So I'll want a Majik/Akurate instead one day, but am happy with my Sneaky DSM until then. If I become unhappy for whatever reason, that's the time to upgrade.

One can but dream, but to have something you don't want is worse, so I sympathise with kerkhoffd and his unfortunate timing. I'm sure if his purchase wasn't so recent he wouldn't feel so bad though Wink

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user